Week-end trip to Normandy
(Rouen - Honfleur - Fécamp - Etretat)
Week-end of the 22nd and 23rd of June 2013
Allow Honfleur to seduce you with its harbor and half-timbered houses.Travel to the Middle Ages in Rouen with its numerous monuments...
Discover Fécamp, its famous Abbey and the Palace of the Dukes.
Admire the cliffs at Étretat and relax on the beach
A magnificent trip and unforgettable memories !!!
Our adventure will begin at Rouen. The city of Corneille and Flaubert has many seductive attractions. Rich with history and heritage, Rouen is a city of remarkably conserved monuments such as the Gothic style Rouen Cathedral (12th to 16th centuries), Saint-Maclou and Saint-Joan of Arc Churches, the Old Market Square, the Big Clock, the Gothic style Courthouse and many important museums (Joan of Arc Museum, Museum of Fine Arts).
Our next step will be Honfleur : Seacoast city, starting point of great expeditions to new lands, world famous historic port; city of art, birthplace of celebrities; Honfleur left its historical mark throughout the centuries. During the 19th century, Honfleur became an exceptional center of art: Eugène Boudin, whose influence was capital to the Impressionist movement, gathered around himself many of his artist acquaintances such as Jongkind, Monet and the poet Charles Baudelaire.
On Sunday, we will discover the beautiful city of Fécamp and Etretat.
Fécamp Seaside resort and Town of Art and History, Fécamp’s authenticity is seductive. The Saint-Trinity Abbey, Notre-Dame de Salut Chapel, the palace of the Dukes of Normandy; the rich collections of the Terre-Neuvas & Fishing Museum, and Museum of the Arts and Childhood; all reflect its prestigious noble and maritime history.
The sea at Étretat is unique: it wraps itself in the most beautiful colors while passing under the limestone arches which made the resort famous. The beach is framed by the Porte d’Amont and Porte d’Aval; the latter protects the Trou à l'Homme, a cave of surprising size. Courbet, Boudin, Monet, Corot and Matisse created many paintings in Étretat.Things to do: a stroll to admire the splendid view of the sea and its magnificent beach and cliffs, the Porte d’Amont and Porte d’Aval that Maupassant described as an elephant dipping its trunk in the sea.
For more information and to reserve your spot, please go to Normandy Tour Page and use ‘Book Online’ link on the bottom. The member price is 128 euros; instead of 138 euros please use ‘MEETUP6218’ promotion code to get 10 euros discount.
Be sure to BOOK directly your reservation. Accepting invitation is not sufficient to participate in the event.
To book and pay online, please Click on
Unique opportunity to connect with your fellow Internationalists and Expats and share a meaningful experience! So mark on your calendar, June 22nd and 23d the date not to be missed!
Price : 138,00 €128,00 €(code: 'MEETUP6218') includes:
- Transport by coach
- Guided tours
- The accommodation in shared rooms (3 persons per room) (for double room, there is 7 Euro extra per person) *Triple room (non mixed) have a double bed and a single bed
- Breakfast Sunday morning
Refunds offered if:
the Meetup is cancelled
the Meetup is rescheduled
You can cancel at least 8 day(s) before the Meetup
- Meeting at 7:00 am. on the stairs of the Opéra Garnier (metro Opéra, lignes 3-7-8 and RER A, station Auber)
- Departure for Rouen and guided tour in the city and its monuments : the cathedral, medieval streets, Saint Maclou church, Gros Horloge street, front of courthouse, place of the old market, Jeanne d’Arc church,…
- Departure for Honfleur
- Time for a lunch
- Free time to walk around and visit city’s monuments (Saint Catherine church, the old ornamental lake, Satie’s house, museum of the navy, Eugène Boudin museum…)
- Diner and an evening out at Fécamp
- Night at the hotel in Fécamp.
- Guided tour of the city, the harbour and the abbey of the Trinity
- Free time to visit some of the city monuments : the ducal Palace, the Benedictine’s Palace, Terre-Neuvas and fishing museum
- Time for lunch at Etretat
- Free time to relax at the beach, walk on the cliffs, visit some of the city monuments: the aquarium, Nungesser and Coli Museum, the Clos Lupin…
- Departure for Paris
- Arrival expected around 9:00-9:30 pm.
Please note that in this tour all guided tours will be done in English as well as in French.
Be sure to BOOK directly your reservation. Accepting invitation is not sufficient to participate in the event