Discovery, beach, Salsa and Gastronomy in Normandy !
(The Cider Route - Cabourg - Honfleur - Caen)
Week-end of the 6th and 7th of July 2013
Join us for an extraordinary week-end in Normandy, mixing cultural discoveries, fun, beach, gastronomy and a note of fantasy with a salsa lesson followed by a dance evening !
After visiting the charming town of Honfleur, birthplace of impressionist painting, we’ll discover the secrets of Calvados production while visiting a traditional distillery followed by a tasting. In Caen, our evening will begin with a festive dinner followed by a Salsa lesson. The next day, we’ll visit Caen, capital of the Dukes of Normandy with its castle and Men’s Abbey. We’ll then head for Cabourg, magnificent seaside resort, for an afternoon of relaxation and swimming!
Our adventure will begin at Honfleur. Seacoast city, starting point of great expeditions to new lands, world famous historic port; city of art, birthplace of celebrities; Honfleur left its historical mark throughout the centuries. During the 19th century, Honfleur became an exceptional center of art: Eugène Boudin, whose influence was capital to the Impressionist movement, gathered around himself many of his artist acquaintances such as Jongkind, Monet and the poet Charles Baudelaire.
Our next step will bea Calvados distillery on The Cider route : The ‘Domaine Cœur de Lion’ is a traditional family-run Calvados distillery located in an ancestral Norman farm built with Augeron architecture typical of the 17th century: timber-frame buildings, a press, alembic pot stills, aging cellars and a manor. The tour highlights the abundance and history of Norman cider production. This is then followed by a cider, Pommeau and Calvados tasting.
Our evening in Caen will begin at our 3*** hotel with a delicious dinner with typical Norman dishes and pastries, then it will be dance time ! Our professional dance teacher Gerard will give us a Salsa lesson (all levels) followed by a dance evening to practice all what we have learnt !
On Sunday morning, we will discover Caen, a city dating back several centuries, with a rich culture and history. From the period of the Dukes of Normandy to the June 1944 D-Day landing, major episodes of national and international history have played out here.
Built circa 1060 by William the Conqueror, the ducal castle became a favourite residence for the Dukes of Normandy, English kings who made it one of Europe’s largest fortified expanses.
Sunday after noon, we will head for Cabourg, magnificent seaside resort, for an afternoon of relaxation and swimming!
Cabourg, an enchanting seaside resort, is gifted with a magnificent sandy beach. Amongst swimming, relaxation, sunbathing and water sports, come share pure moments of well-being.
The Cabourg Casino, also known as the Kaz, is a temple of entertainment which has made Cabourg its main residence! It’s inhabited by a warm and festive atmosphere by the sea, with fun for everyone: Lounge Bar with live concerts, as well as a movie theatre, tea dances and exhibitions.
For more information and to reserve your spot, please go to Normandy Tour Page and use ‘Book Online’ link on the bottom. The Meetup members price is 159 euros; instead of 180 euros please use ‘MEETUP2255’ promotion code to get 21 euros discount.
Be sure to BOOK directly your reservation. Accepting invitation is not sufficient to participate in the event.
To book and pay online, please Click on this link :
Unique opportunity to connect with your fellow Internationalists and Expats and share a meaningful experience!
Price : 180,00 €159,00 €(code: 'MEETUP2255') includes:
- Transport by coach
- Guided visit of Honfleur (in English and French)
- Guided visit of Calvados distillery and tasting of Calvados, Cider and Pommeau (in English and French)
- Diner on Saturday night
- Salsa lesson and dance evening
- Free time in Caen and Cabourg
- The accommodation in 3*** hotel in the city center of Caen, in shared rooms (3 persons per room) (or double room, with 7 € extra per person) *Triple room (non mixed) have a double bed and a single bed
- Breakfast Sunday morning
Refunds offered if:
the Meetup is cancelled
the Meetup is rescheduled
You can cancel at least 8 day(s) before the Meetup
- Meeting at 7:00 am on the stairs of the Opéra Garnier (metro Opéra, lignes 3-7-8 and RER A, station Auber)
- Departure to Honfleur
- Guided tour (in English& French) of Honfleur, birthplace of Impressionist painting and its monuments (the old harbor, Sainte Catherine church, the Salt granaries, "la lieutenance" and Faubourg Sainte Catherine
- Free time for lunch
- Departure to Coudray-Rabut (near Pont-l'Evêque)
- Guided visit (in English& French) of a traditional Calvados distillery to discover the secrets and the history of Norman cider production, followed by a cider, Pommeau and Calvados tasting.
- Departure to Caen
- Diner at the hotel (included in the price)
- Salsa lesson followed by a dance evening
- Night at a 3*** hotel in the city center of Caen
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Promenade in the city Caen and unguided of its monuments and museums (the ducal castle, l'Abbaye aux hommes, Museum of Fine Arts, le musée des Beaux Arts, musée de Normandie, the cathedral)
- Departure to Cabourg
- Free time for lunch or picnic on the beach
- Free afternoon to swim and relax on the beach or to walk in the city and visit the casino
- Departure for Paris and arrival expected around 9:00 pm.
Please note that in this tour all guided tours will be done in English as well as in French.
Be sure to BOOK directly your reservation. Accepting invitation is not sufficient to participate in the event