align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Minneapolis Ex-Jehovah's Witness "ALPHA" Meetup Group Message Board › Bringing you the best and the brightest. *****

Bringing you the best and the brightest. *****

Joel
Yawning_Lion
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 95
To all,

This site of course is not most of our members main gig. We have other occupations that take the lion's share of our time. However, having survived the " inconveniences of the JW experiences from birth" (LOL) and adapted to find success, and discovered that there were others out there like me. I found new interest to locate the others. Because, for the simple reason, we who have survived and understand "Truth", need to at least show others what is possible to achieve.

"Success Breeds Success"

I know that I want to reinforce and continue to learn for myself what it takes to be continually successful. We were denied so much growing up in the circumstances that we did. The world continues to change around us and we must be able to adapt to it, as needed. I foresee a future where those of us who have survived the ordeal can close ranks and come to consensus to do what we can to make each others life's better.

" No one can make anyone else believe or feel something that they don't want to." That is impossible. We as individuals become comfortable in our pain and change is difficult. However, as often as change is necessary and as painful as it is, often leads to feeling a whole lot better.

There once was a promoter by the name of "Don King" He promoted heavy weight boxing champions. I can wear different caps. (However, I don't feel the need to copy his hair style. LOL) So as a promoter of successful EXJW's, which is part of our charter here on this site. Success will have a broader interpretation than just money, we will cover everything. For I believe, success is more about a broad range of things than it is about a narrow range of things.

"OUR legacy"

For those of us who have survived the JW experience and those of YOU who are "AWAKE"ING UP" (LOL) You will always, have a choice now, in what you believe, (Thank GOD or what ever divine power you chose.) As those who have survived this nightmare, part of our goal is to leave a warning to the others, of the danger of Cults, and the damage they have caused. 'Think for YOURSELF, do what you need to do to survive. (moment to moment), but redefine what is needed for balance and ultimate happiness in your life long term.

Warning: Be careful what you tell yourself, you just may become it.

"Success Breeds Success"

Joel
Yawning_Lion
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 96
I would like you all to give a big welcome to our new "Guest member"

"Brenda Lee"

I first got her book over a year ago and was emotionally deeply moved by it's pages. Over the last 25 years I have seen the self-destructive patterns being played out by those who forced to drink deeply of the "Kool-aid" from birth. The loss of human potential has been enormous, a significant number of them are no longer with us. Most know something is terribly wrong, but don't have a understanding of what has happened. One of the most horrific side effects is that those effect are left with a less than adequate self-esteem. Which is needed to survive and succeed and be happy in the the normal day to day life that everyone is exposed to. I Forced myself away from the JW's and most of my family because that is the only way I felt I could survive. I am not saying that is the only way, but it was the only way at that time for me to survive. I forced myself to understand the concept of Psychology not an easy task for any person. It taught me that "Truth" was not as simple as I was taught. LOL

When I discovered your Book, I realized that nature was not so cruel, that I was not totally alone. As I told you, statistically, there would be some of us that adapt through great effort and struggle and begin to understand the nature of "Truth". I was associated with an other local group of EXJW with a narrower focus than our group, but they are still evolving and have a right to exist as they are, that is the intrinsic nature of "Truth". I was honored that the senior members (Those that had been out many years) approached me to start the "Alpha group." My opinion is by no means final, we function on group consensus. There are those in our group who have made it to the top of the organization and opinions are deeply important to me.

Since the formation of our group I have never forgotten your book, newsletters and most importantly your efforts. I knew what was in your book before I got. It may not be proper for a man to admit that they showed emotion on any subject but "truthfully" I cried, like anyone would in private for the loss of a close loved one. Not everyone will understand, but there are those of us that do.
It reminded me of the third century Greek mathematician, physicist, and inventor, Archimedes. Looking at the night sky with the moon showing, he said, "give me a lever long enough and a place to stand, and I can move the world." LOL Well, the realistic nature of things is that we may not have to move the world "Only how we perceive it". There, in lies, the true magic of it. I already know you know the concept ........."of being able to allow ourselves to feeeel the wind on our face"........ Which is what we all got to keep working on.
I encourage everyone to buy her book, and Subscribe to her newsletter, she is the real thing, a real "Courageous Hero", You will feel the emotion, and be motivated to make positive changes in your life.

"Thank you, Brenda for being our Guest Member" We will be in touch.

"Don't forget our continuing Ryan Sutter Series in progress."

" Stay tuned..... Don't be supprised if from time to time other famous exJW's are our guest members."

leonardo
user 2295781
Hopkins, MN
Post #: 45
One of the most horrific side effects is that those effect are left with a less than adequate self-esteem. Which is needed to survive and succeed and be happy in the the normal day to day life that everyone is exposed to. I Forced myself away from the JW's and most of my family because that is the only way I felt I could survive. I am not saying that is the only way, but it was the only way at that time for me to survive. I forced myself to understand the concept of Psychology not an easy task for any person. It taught me that "Truth" was not as simple as I was taught. LOL 

When I discovered your Book, I realized that nature was not so cruel, that I was not totally alone. As I told you, statistically, there would be some of us that adapt through great effort and struggle and begin to understand the nature of "Truth".

Joel--

No one has more eloquently said the truth about truth better than you in the last two fantastic posts.

If we do not find a way to value ourselves, it will be very hard to find others who will go out of their way to do so, either.  That is the nature of life.

If we do start to value ourselves, others see that action and be automatically inclined to trust the action they see and do the same.

-Leonardo-