addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
tex
textexin
Mountain View, CA
Post #: 27
I enjoyed the About Face exhibit at the Pier 24 Photography Museum. I would be interested ii other people's reactions, as well as to visit again with a few other photographers.

I was surprised that many if not most portraits were dead center and didn't follow the rule of thirds.
For example, in Richard Avedon's "The Family" each subject's hair touches the top of the frame, so their face is the in the upper eigth and the remainder of the picture is torso.

A few other images (different photographers) had miscellaneous clutter, the kind that many of our reviewers would suggest removing.

It was an interesting 2 hours. I would be interested to hear other people's observations and reactions.