This will be another in the series of weekday F/Stops photo excursions around the LA area. As always, it is designed to be an informal opportunity for photography as well as a chance to interact among our fellow photo enthusiasts.
On Thursday, March 28rd at 09:15am, we will meet in the parking lot at Descanso Gardens. Look for my orange Honda Element for the initial gathering.
Hey everybody! It’s almost Spring and that means it’s time to dust off those macros and hit some gardens! LA has quite a few world class gardens and Descanso is one of them. I haven’t been to this one in a million years so it will be as new to me as it will be for many of you. Looking at their website indicates that there is much expected to be blooming for late March/early April. It should be a nice place to wander around.
1.Parking is free.
2. General admission is $8.00 and Seniors, $6.00
3. There will be walking on maintained paths over some slightly hilly terrain.
4. It’s OK to use tripods in the outdoor areas.
5. Please go to http://www.descansogardens.org/ for directions and lots of other info.
6. If anyone wants to carpool, I recommend meeting at Woodley Park for an 8:15am departure. Meet me at the parking lot that is on Woodley Ave, a quarter of a mile south of Victory Blvd on the east side of the street. Look for my orange Honda Element. It's easy to spot.
7. Contact me, John Grusd, via email at [masked] if you have any questions.