Fashion 2.0 Message Board › Open Source Fashion Meetup

Open Source Fashion Meetup

Pavan B.
PavanB
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hey Fashion 2.0 crew!

I have been an active member of this group for the past 8 months or so, and I absolutely love what Yuli & Co. have created! I continue to meet new and interesting folks, doing interesting things through these meetups. Not to mention, I'm gaining great insight from the featured panel discussions.

After talking to many people, and observing how passionate attendees of Fashion 2.0 events are...I realize that there is a real need for well organized, and helpful meetups such as this one.

Currently, I am working on a startup fashion brand. I have noted many challenges that fashion companies meet that often require the assistance of other professionals within the fashion or technology space. This is why I am organizing the meetup group, Open Source Fashion. The idea is to meet every 4-6 weeks, organize a great panel discussion with industry experts, and create a helpful atmosphere where attendees are inclined to help one another out!

Dogpatch Labs says it best on their website:

"Whether it is sharing ideas, sharing referrals, networking, or just hanging out, we all thrive on the flow of ideas, people and relationships."

So...if this seems up your alley, come check it out!

www.meetup.com/opensourcefashion­

Our first event is on March 3rd.

Panel includes: Haute PR, The Luxury Spot, & FashionStake.com

*Thank you Yuli for being so gracious, and allowing me to post this message on the Fashion 2.0 board.

Cheers!

Pavan