Fashion 2.0 Message Board › Fashion 2.0: SEO Workshop Recap
New York, NY
Hello everyone! We've had a very productive Monday night with the SEO expert Ziv Steinberg, who provided extremely helpful insight. He was also kind enough to put together a list of main tools and tips discussed, so hopefully everyone can benefit.
* Keyword Research:
or type "linkdomain:www.example.com" in Yahoo
1. Implement title tags that feature your highest priority keywords
2. Avoid linking back to sites that link to you. Instead use the nofollow or through tinyurl.com. Nofollow syntax: <a href="http://www.example.co... Text</a>
3. Identify popular keywords and create focused pages on them that are linked from your homepage. Attempt to use the keyword in the header of the page
4. Use your category pages (tags) - add good descriptions and title tags - these pages tend to get good ranking
5. Look to publicize new posts and pages in order to draw references and subsequently links
6. Look into buying cheap PPC keywords to drive your target audience to the site
7. For Bloggers - People will land on post pages - encourage them to subscribe at the bottom of every post.
8. Identify your "Conversion" page and set it up as a goal on Google Analytics
Have a great Holiday!