June 16, 2012 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Fashionable Causes is setting sail for Northern Virginia! We have volunteer efforts in Baltimore and San Diego that are running strong. To celebrate the beginning of our volunteer efforts in Northern Virginia, we're doing a charity photoshoot that features nautical fashion! We'll be photographing models sporting classy and creative nautical inspired fashion in Waterfront Alexandria. Nautical fashion is inspired by the classic navy uniforms and recreate many of the motifs in feminine ensembles. Waterfront Alexandria will be the perfect backdrop to these classy nautical looks. These photos will be a part of our blog that is going to promote our fundraising campaign for Children's Cancer Research. We will be collecting $3.00 donations from all participants to support our fundraising program.
Planning, planning, planning is going to be very important for this photo shoot! This is a special opportunity for us to get permission to use a lovely location like this, so we want to make the most of it. We want only SERIOUS RSVPs. That means if you're RSVPed, you're arriving to the Indigo Landing Restaurant 10 - 15 minutes early so that you can find parking and be ready to start on time. We'll be meeting outside of the restaurant. If something comes up and you absolutely must cancel, you notify the group 24 - 48 hours in advance. It is also important that we be prepared - so photographers will be asked to either arrive an hour early to the location to scope out scenes they want to photograph, or attend the Pre-Photo Shoot to see the location in advance and come up with coherent ideas. We will put everyone into small groups on the day of the shoot. Each group will consist of no more than 2 photographers, at least 1 assistant, and 1-2 models. This will allow for more personal interaction to achieve high quality photos. As the models come out of hair and make-up, we will rotate different models into your groups so that everyone has the chance to work with different people. Because we are scheduling make-up and hair appts for the models and planning out the groups, NO LAST MINUTE RSVPS will be accepted. If you show up and we have not confirmed you, we cannot allow you to participate so be sure to do the following below:
Models will also be asked to be prepared by choosing your wardrobe in advance and submitting photos of you wearing it to [masked] by Sunday June 10th 11:59 PM so that we can approve your wardrobe choices, or help you improve them.
Photographers will be asked to be prepared by confirming their RSVP, and listing equipment their bringing, as well as any assistants that their bringing by emailing [masked] by Sunday June 10th 11:59 PM. This will help us plan to accommodate you and pair you with models.
Who should attend:
- Make Up Artists & Hair Stylists
- Volunteers to Assist with Wardrobe Changes, Holding Reflectors, Registration ect.
- Please bring Photo ID for age verification.
- Please bring 3 outfits total (which you must submit for pre-approval before the shoot…see instructions above!).
- Please bring your modeling bag. Come prepared with:
- assortment of shoes - bring different colors, heels & sandals so we can match them to wardrobe
- make-up and brushes (We will have a MUA on site if you need help)
- baby wipes
- make-up remover wipes
- assortment of appropriate undergarments for your outfits
- safety pins, small sewing kit
- small hand mirror
- hair pins, hair spray, brush, comb, hair tie, curling iron, flat iron
- cottons balls, cotton swabs
- emergency items (Tylenol, migraine medicine, tampons, antacid, razor)
- water bottle
- Please arrive to the photoshoot on time with hair done, and clean face. Do not apply powder make-ups until you get there because it will be difficult for the MUAs to alter. Please bring your own make up just in case the MUA is unable to make it, or doesn't have your color. You should be dressed in your first outfit. Based on feedback from your pre-approval submissions of outfit photos, we may provide additional clothes or accessories specific to you. Make sure your other two outfits are ironed!
- If you would like to shoot earlier or later in the day, please contact Victoria via [masked] for scheduling.
- Please bring all of your own equipment: cameras, lenses, lighting, etc.
- Feel free to bring along an assistant who can help carry equipment and assist you during the shoot.
- Please bring Photo ID for identity verification.
**For Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists**
- Please bring your cosmetics and brushes. Also don't forget to bring sanitizer for your brushes.
- Hair Stylists, please contact Victoria via [masked] to let us know what you may need in a location (electric sockets) and from the models in order to work your magic. Also bring sanitizer for your tools, thanks!
- Please bring Photo ID for identity verification.
- Please bring a $3.00 donation to help support our fundraising campaign.
- We're meeting outside of the Indigo Landing Restaurant. You may have to pay for parking, so bring change for meters.
- Bring your legal photo ID, this is a legal requirement that our organization must keep your identification information on file.
- Everyone will be required to fill out a volunteer information form and sign a photo release form.
- Children and teens under the age of 18 must have parent permission form signed by a legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Watermarked images will be available for portfolios.
- Bring water and a lunch box so you stay hydrated and don't get hungry.