Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 24
this is everything found upon the Goblin war party. see you all on thursday.

Brute, The Bugbear ranger-Reward 500gp
Equipment & Resale value=4 +1elf bane arrows?, Heavy Flail(10gp), Mwk Composite Str. (12) Longbow(265gp), 20 Mwk arrows(78gp), Studded Leather(20gp), Horned Drinking Flask holds up to 2potions.(8gp)

Other bugbears- Equipment & Resale value= 2 Leather Armor(10gp total), 2 heavy wooden shields(7gp tot), Morningstars (8gptotal),6 Javelins (3gp total)

8 goblin fighters- 8 studded Leather (100gp total), 8 small wooden shields(12gp total), Short Sword8 (40gp)

2goblin rogues- Leather (5gp) Short swords (10gp), an old dirty, smelly, but surprisenly strong looking, large, light backpack

Gogmurt Druid- +1Leather Armor (852GP), +1 Cloak of Resistance(650gp), 3 potions of Cure Light wounds 90gp, potion of Bull Str. 195gp, potion of barkskin +2 195gp, Wand of Produce Flame 3rd lv 34ch(1530gp), Wand of tree shape 1ch(90gp)

Warchief Ripnugget- +1 Short Sword (1500gp), Potion of CMWounds x2 (300gp), Potions of CLWounds x 2 (50gp), Dented Crown with minor gems (20gp), , MWK Breastplate (228gp)

Gold found-5gems (50gp each), 30gp, 14pp

Magic Items total
Potions-5 CLWounds, 2 CMWounds, Bull Str., Barkskin+2,
Wands – Produce Flame, Tree Shape
+1 Short Sword, +1 Cloak of Resistance, +1 Leather Armor, 4 +1 Elf Bane Arrows, Old dirty smelly backpack.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 344
I think Udariah got the short sword. Who needs/wants Cloak of Resistance, Leather Armor, Elf Bane arrows?

Is the Old dirty smelly backpack magical?
Wand of Produce Flame Druid specific while Tree Shape is in Druid/Ranger spell lists. We can hand off Tree Shape wand to Ollatta if he wants it or if anyone else has sufficient ranks in UMD to try using either. Otherwise I say we sell them off.

For Cure potions I say we just store them as party treasure for now. Bull Str can go to front line combatant (Dwarf or Paladin - does Monk have vow or something where she won't use potions?) Barkskin potion can be handed out to those with relatively low ACs (Sianna?).

My 2 cents worth anyway.

So what kind of percentage do we get on selling the normal goblinoid gear and assorted non magical treasures?
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 51
Not sure if we're going to keep using the Monk or not if Mike's not there. If we do keep using the Monk, then yes, that character does have a prohibition against using potions. Don't remember exactly which vow it was, but his character did make a vow not to use them.
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 25
The prices in the ( ) are what you will get for those items.
Yes the old backpack is magical.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 345
Okay, keeping the potions, magical short sword, cloak of resistance, and backpack(s?) but selling the wands and +1 leather armor the total value with everything else sold or converted = 4216 which comes out to 702 gp each with 4 gp left over.

Does anyone want the leather armor or either of the wands (produce flame-34 charges-and tree shape-1 charge)?

I can't see the Paladin or Dwarf wanting the armor, Sianna and Qin cannot wear it (effectively), and my character doesn't want it (she just switched over to a masterworks armored coat which gives her a -1 AC penalty and not much additional AC vs her masterworks studded leather but it can be removed or donned as a move action). Not sure how effective a wand of produce flame is other than if you wanted a quick way to start a camp fire.

Definitely interested in learning more about the backpacks (handy haversacks???wink)

Did the giant sized helm get converted last game or does the party still have that?
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 52
The party still has the giant helm as far as I know. We were debating selling it in town or getting slightly more in Magnimar.
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 26
One of the traveling mages offers 4000gp for the Giant Helm.
As for Mike, he has to work this week, but will be able to game in future next Game?
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 346
The Serendipitous Staff
This masterworks quarter staff actually has been crafted so that the wielder may configure it into one of several types of weapons, all of which are masterwork quality.

Chains are concealed within the staff and with a quick twist it can be converted into a three section staff (Sansetsukon) as a move action. As an additional move action (or standard action to complete the process in the same round) one end may be removed to produce a single nunchaku. In addition, each end of the staff conceals a hidden throwing blade which may be reversed and reattached to the end of the staff as a move action to create a spear. Both ends may be so converted to create a double headed spear (taking a standard action if done in the same round).

The overall weight of the staff is 6 lbs, 4 lbs with the daggers removed, and if the nunchaku portion is used it weighs 2.5 lbs. Otherwise the weapon statistics are the same for whatever configuration the wielder is using.

This was the weapon given to Qin by the town.
Paul C P.
user 51076172
Flint, MI
Post #: 31
so sorry i was sick last night, my headaches have increased as of late..... :(
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 347
so sorry i was sick last night, my headaches have increased as of late..... :(

No problem, we just stuck your dwarf up front so the ghouls and zombies had something to munch on. tongue

There was only one major combat encounter last night and the dwarf survived (lost his beard in the fireball, but survived).

We scraped up a bunch of used wands, a rod, and a ring of Force Shield.