Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Michael B.
mbran01
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 5
I was looking through some of the alt. racial triats and I figured out how to build the character using them and getting rid of the celestial resistances. So as long as no one has any objections I would to go with that. Aasimar Monk, with the humonoid (human) type and no celestial resistances.
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 16
Edited the earlier post with the latest character information that I have. We seem to be accumulating a bunch of melee characters. Not sure how well that will work out in combat in the adventure, don't know if we'll be too crowded or not. Just something for us to think about, I don't want to seem like I'm trying to force any changes on anyone as far as what they want to play, just bring it up for everyone to think about.
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 17
I was looking through some of the alt. racial triats and I figured out how to build the character using them and getting rid of the celestial resistances. So as long as no one has any objections I would to go with that. Aasimar Monk, with the humonoid (human) type and no celestial resistances.

Sounds good. I was looking at doing something similar as far as using the alternate racial traits to reduce resistances with a different character concept I was thinking about. Have you penciled in for the Aasimar Monk on the character list on the first page of this thread.
Michael B.
mbran01
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 6
I like the monk concept, however, if we accumulate to many melee characters I can go with one of my sorcerer concepts. As I said I am easy, I just want to make this as much fun as possible for everybody and as long as I have a character I am happy.
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 18
I like the monk concept, however, if we accumulate to many melee characters I can go with one of my sorcerer concepts. As I said I am easy, I just want to make this as much fun as possible for everybody and as long as I have a character I am happy.

Sounds good, Mike. Out of curiosity, what were the Sorcerer ideas you had? I know you mentioned a Tattooed Sorcerer at one point in time.

Also, updated the character list thread to reflect my narrowing what I want to play down to arcane casters. Debating between a Sage Sorcerer, an Admixture Evoker, and an Arcane Trickster character that would start off as a Rogue, but multiclass into Wizard and then the Arcane Trickster prestige class.
Michael B.
mbran01
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 7
Sounds good, Mike. Out of curiosity, what were the Sorcerer ideas you had? I know you mentioned a Tattooed Sorcerer at one point in time.

Also, updated the character list thread to reflect my narrowing what I want to play down to arcane casters. Debating between a Sage Sorcerer, an Admixture Evoker, and an Arcane Trickster character that would start off as a Rogue, but multiclass into Wizard and then the Arcane Trickster prestige class.

I was also looking at a human imperious (bloodline) sorcerer. But know that I think about a bard might be cool too. Nah, I think sorcerer or monk.
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 19

I was also looking at a human imperious (bloodline) sorcerer. But know that I think about a bard might be cool too. Nah, I think sorcerer or monk.
Hehe, a ranged Bard could be good. biggrin

I'm thinking I may go Wizard, especially if you decide to go Sorcerer. We're you thinking of a blasty sorcerer, dealing as much damage as possible, or a more generalized sorcerer?
Michael B.
mbran01
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 8
Hehe, a ranged Bard could be good. biggrin

I'm thinking I may go Wizard, especially if you decide to go Sorcerer. We're you thinking of a blasty sorcerer, dealing as much damage as possible, or a more generalized sorcerer?

I was thinking either a blaster or an enchanter.
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 9
We needed some more melee.

Hehe biggrin

Not sure if he was going with a melee rogue or an archer rogue.

Still, could be an issue for combat. Not sure if the abundance of melee characters will cause anyone to change their minds as to what they want to play.

Well I did say this before everyone was rolling up some melee. However, more melee means less of a chance for us ranged type not to get hit.

On the side note, I will be a ranged based player using bows and/or crossbows, with a mixture of spells.
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 10
Not really sure if you all want to know the background of my character but here it is. As far as his personality I will let it unfold with the story.

Backo the Ifrit Immolator

Background
Being born as an Ifrit is very challenging. Most Ifrit’s, like Backo, were born from humans. At a young age Backo was kicked out of the city for setting fire to everything and just being a mischievous young lad. After wondering around for years he managed to find a monastery with other Ifrit’s. Being lost with no direction in his life the monastery took him in. He began to pray every day to the god known as Sarenrae. One night he had a vision in his dreams to burn down the monastery. While doing so, he was confronted by the elders in the monastery and they all decided to exile Backo.

Character Description
Backo has long wavy hair, as it blows in the wind it begins to look like fire. When you gaze upon his skin it looks like ember colored scales. His eyes are not like most, they tend to glow a solid color of dark orange.