addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 15
An inquisitor does not gain the bonus spells listed for each domain.
Levels of cleric and inquisitor stack for the purpose of determining domain powers and abilities, but not for bonus spells.

Anyone know what they mean by bonus spells? I'm confused about this, I just read this today trying to figure it out

Clerics get one bonus spell per level that must be chosen from the domain spell list. Inquisitors do not get that same bonus but they do get the domain power.

I hope that helps.
Thanks every little bit helps. First time being an Inquisitor trying to get the rest of the reading done to understand the class better.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 279
From Steve's email

Bonus spells come from stat bonus of the class ablity tied to spells ie Clerics use Wis 16 is a plus 3 bonus
you would have 1 first 1 second and 1 third
but only when you can cast that level.
so a 1st cleric with a 16 wis could cast
3 - O Level
3 - 1st Level ( 1 for level + 1 for Domian + 1 for Wis Bonus)
0 - 2n Level (because he is not high enough to cast 2nd level spells)

but a 5th level cleric with a 16 wis could cast
4 - O Level
5 - 1st Level ( 3 for level + 1 for Domian + 1 for Wis Bonus)
4 - 2nd Level ( 2 for level + 1 for Domian + 1 for Wis Bonus)
3 - 3rd Level ( 1 for level + 1 for Domian + 1 for Wis Bonus)

there is no bonuses for O level spells.

all this can be seen under ability scores table for more info.

Okay I think we are mixing apples with oranges here. For the Inquistor Domain issue is is solely for the domain specific spells gained by clerics but not by inquisitors.

For example, taking the Darkness domain would grant the inquisitor would gain Touch of Darkness at 1st level and Eyes of Darkness at 8th level. However, they do not gain the ability to choose any of the domain spells as a bonus spell to be cast daily. So the Inquisitor cannot cast Obscuring Mist as a bonus spell while a Cleric can if so chosen.

Also note that in Pathfinder all 0 level spells can be cast without burning spell slots but most casters have limits on the number of 0 level spells they may be know for the day. So a first level Cleric can cast orisons at will but must choose which three they want to cast for the day while a 5th level caster can choose four that may be cast as will during the day.
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 16
Anyone else decide on what they are going to be playing?

Hopefully we can round out the rest of this group.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 280
Hero Points vs Assigning Stats on Point system

I have a question on stats. I understand that more hero points get used
to bump an attribute one mark the higher you are trying to push it.
What about when I slide attributes around? If I take from strength to
boost wisdom is it always 1 for 1, or is there a similar system to the
hero points?
From John

Hero points are an optional rule in the Advanced Player's Guide that can be used to temporarily assist during an adventure. In the question above I am guessing you are referring to actually assigning ability scores which we are using the point buy system found in the first chapter of the core rule book. We are using the High Fantasy level (20 points).

Otherwise I am not sure what you are referring to, can you provide the source of your question?

John B
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 281
ability score thread

When creating a character with a point buy system you start out with every score at 10. In our case we are using the High Fantasy level so you get 20 points to increase the stats (Generating Ability Scores from Paizo SRD).
For 11 to 13 it is a one for one point cost
For 14 it cost 5 points
For 15 it cost 7 points
etc.
On the flip side if you want to lower a score you can add to your 20 point pool (1 point to reduce to 9, 2 points to reduce to 8, and 4 points to reduce to 7).
No score can be increased beyond 18 or lowered below 7 before racial modifiers.
If, after you create your scores you want to adjust them (prior to beginning play), just determine the point cost for the scores in question
If I have a Strength of 11 and I want to increase it to 13 it would cost 2 extra points, if I want to increase it to 17 it will cost12 extra points, etc.
If you just want to swap scores, say Str 11, Wis 15 then just do so Str 15, Wis 11.

All your changes should be made before you add your racial modifiers.

I hope this made sense. If not we can cover it tonight.

John
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 283
Cleric Weapons

Correct.

Question is does the Cleric get to use the weapon favored by his God.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 285
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 17
See you all next week. Hopefully by then I can figure out my spells.

Also it was now to meet you all.
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 24
Hehe, just post here with any questions and we can figure it out. Good to meet you as well.
GrumpyOldGamer.net
user 51076172
Flint, MI
Post #: 10
yes it was great to meet everyone!