Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Rise of the Runelords -- Pathfinder campaign starting in Flint

Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 64
Olatta can make wondrous items, correct? And at what percentage of the sale cost? Also, up to what caster level, or can he use the caster level from Siana or Cedric and store it in his ring for crafting?
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 38
Yes he can, as long as the party furnishes the material he will make it at 60% cost. The Spell storing ring is so that others can cast spells into so that I can then use it to make the items we want, If the party wants to spend that extra gold we could up grade to a better ring and share it when I am not using it.????
Jonathan M
Bakunin
Otisville, MI
Post #: 65
Suggest selling off the 1st level wands of Magic Missile and Shocking Grasp. Not being used by anyone right now. At the one time sale percentage of 65%, this would come to 663 gold pieces to the party treasury. Calculated by base price of wand divided by 50 charges for 15 gold per charge. Each wand had 34 charges remaining for a value of 510 gold per wand. 510 gold multiplied by .65 equals 331.5 gold. Multiplied by two equals the aforementioned 663 gold pieces.
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 39
7,000gp +584 gold 2 silver 8 copper+ 663gp = party treasure of 8247 gp, 2sp, 8cp minus what we just used from leaving Magnimar.
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 40
Making a motion on adjusting Magic Item Creations Rules= Here goes The First rule in the book says upto a 1,000gp in a day. So lower level spells can be less than 2hrs to create but only 1 a Day! I disagree on several levels, but let me lay it out for you and see if any of you want to adopt these.

1} Scrolls- Up to 1000gp a day with multiple spells on a scroll, limited by what the caster can actually cast and has memorized, or it will come up [recalled spells with a pearl of power], but not stored. (i.e. 4-0 lv, 3 - 1st, 1-2nd) with scribe time set as [ .5hr +.5hr per level]. A spell caster can create some use full scrolls instead of wasting weeks to come to these. and it still fit under the 8hr and 1,000gp cap. 1/2{(Spell Level x Caster Level x 25gp) + Material Components.}

2) Potions/ Elixers- Goes the same route, but it has to be memorized(or stored as Spell Storing) , and it has to be the same spell, ( i.e. Bull Strength would need 2nd level spell slot so depending on the # of 2nd level spells you can actually cast is the # of potions you can create up to 1000gp.) Cost to create is 1/2{(Spell Level x Caster Level x 50gp) + Material Components.}

Most every other thing is covered by other rules, but all of the ointments and paste are already done in groups of five.
So that is what I am proposing, of course we can not do this while riding or walking or adventuring, the crafter needs a stable and quite space to work in, all other things as usual.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 372
I will do some research of the rules for magic item creation before next game but I am not sure why we need to tweak the magic item creation rules. What is the intent for this (selling extra stuff, having stuff available during encounters, etc.)?
Paul C P.
user 51076172
Flint, MI
Post #: 40
I need me some magic underwear like the mormons...
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 41
9/26/2013 tonights game was fun, but we missed Paul and John, good thing there PC where there or we might have had more trouble. In all we got 2,770 exp. so level up your PC's to 8th Level, and strap on a pair because the The House is next????
Paul C P.
user 51076172
Flint, MI
Post #: 44
sorry all, got hit w/ a flash headache and slept threw the whole evening :(
Steven S.
user 64650792
Flint, MI
Post #: 42
Sorry to do this, But Tammy is working late and I started a new job Thursday night. I will get back with you all, I hope you can play at Paul's house.