addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Cons, Cons, Cons

Cons, Cons, Cons

John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 352
Starting a new sticky on Conventions. Please, please, please feel free to post any information on Conventions that you think would interest the group including dates, locations, web address, etc...
I will be pinning the thread.
For my 2 cents worth there are two Cons I plan on attending this year.
First is Origins which is June 12th through the 16th (next week as of this posting)

Second is U-Con in Ypsi November 22nd through 24th. I have not registered for this one yet (pre-reg isn't open and probably won't for a while) but I did sign up to run a couple Mutant Future games (first time running events at a con shocksmile).
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 356
Michicon at OU is July 12 and 13th.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 366
U-Con pre-registration is open if anyone is interested. The two games I am running are Friday 8-11 and Saturday 10 am to 1 pm
GrumpyOldGamer.net
user 51076172
Flint, MI
Post #: 39
if anyone is traveling down for a single day such as sat and has room for a rider pls let me know!
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 172
Are there any cons coming up that are here in Michigan?
Myke K.
user 93672952
Spring Hill, FL
Post #: 59
Are there any cons coming up that are here in Michigan?
http://gameconvention...­

Although not Michigan, Origins took place last weekend (June 11 - June 15) in Columbus, Ohio. John B went last year, but I don't think he was able to make it out this year due to excessive work & stress.

I noticed Michicon at Oakland University had no dates given in the above link, so here is a Link especial for it:
http://metrodetroitga...­
Sully
seluR_ziW_ezeehC
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 354
Going to GenCon in Indianapolis again this year, myself. Had fun last year and may even dress up this year. :)
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 187
I'd like to go to conventions.
Lack of $$, Lack of a Drivers License, Lack of a Car, and Lack of people to go with keep me from going to anything that isn't local (flint), which means that I have never been to a convention.

I wanted to go to Youmacon last year, but I don't have my Drivers License or $$$, I wasn't able to go.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 188
I'm actively trying to find a job as well attempt to go back to college. I am trying to get my license, but that is all dependent on needing to practice with a Licensed driver as well as Gas Money.

Nope, since I've been out of work, I've been actively putting in applications, and calling on said applications. I've had a few interviews and gotten all the way up to the 3rd interview, for the positions to be filled. Unfortunately, nowadays, it is more about who you know and less what you know. Doesn't help that even though I've got some college education, I did not technically graduate HS. I've just got to keep looking and putting in as many applications as I can, an calling on them constantly. I am of the mindset that no job is beneath me.

As far as the gaming goes, I'd happily prefer to be working. Gaming just happens to get me out of my house, because doing nothing all day makes me stir crazy.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 189
I attended a seminar like that at Baker College. Unfortunately, I'm not really one of those people that uses social media websites like Facebook or Twitter. I have a FB but I almost never go on or post anything. Thank you for the incite though. I hope I find a job soon, because sitting on my butt and doing nothing is driving me insane.