addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Flint Area Tabletop RPG and Board Gamers Message Board › Pathfinder - Back in the swing of things.

Pathfinder - Back in the swing of things.

Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 27
Hello everyone, I have been out of the table top scene for awhile, work and school got busy. However, some time has come available and I would be interested in finding a group that would like to pick up and start a Pathfinder game.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 156
I am trying to get another Pathfinder Campaign going.
Myke K.
user 93672952
Spring Hill, FL
Post #: 52
FYI,
Bobby K joined the Rise of the Runelords game at Paul's and plays the Witch Vorian in the party.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 160
I know he does.
He was the one helping me with the Hero program on Paul's Laptop.

Nonetheless, I am still attempting to find enough people and a DM for another Pathfinder Campaign. As I said in my Pathfinder Discussion. I am grateful that I was allowed to sit in, but the more and more I think about it, it wouldn't be fair of me to jump in. You all have had your characters for a year or more. You've built up trust in the team.

I know it probably sounds silly, but to me- Characters are more than just "Roll'em and Play'em". When I create a Character, I am actually breathing life into them, giving them a story to shape and more. That is why I'm losing interest in Mutant Future and Star Wars RPG. Nothing against the DM's because John and Eric are both great DM's, but I like to start from the beginning rather than jump into the middle.

I am sounding like a dolt now, lol. So yeah, I know Bobby already plays Rise of the Runelords, but I still thought he might interested in another Pathfinder Campaign if I can get it set up.
Myke K.
user 93672952
Spring Hill, FL
Post #: 53
Good Luck!

Of note every game I am playing in Flint (Star Wars, Mutant Future & Pathfinder) I joined after the campaigns were started. The Only game I started from 1st Level, I play over an hour away. If you are averse to jumping into already started campaigns, plan on sitting at home a lot & waiting a long while. Avengail is the first new game to start in the year I've been on FATRPG, and as it stands now, it is meeting less than once a month.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 161
Good Luck!

Of note every game I am playing in Flint (Star Wars, Mutant Future & Pathfinder) I joined after the campaigns were started. The Only game I started from 1st Level, I play over an hour away. If you are averse to jumping into already started campaigns, plan on sitting at home a lot & waiting a long while. Avengail is the first new game to start in the year I've been on FATRPG, and as it stands now, it is meeting less than once a month.
It is just a matter of finding enough people interested, and a DM who has free time. We have a lot of Members that don't seem to RSVP to any games, so I just have to reach out to them and see if any of them would be interested. It's not so much that I am averse to it, as I don't want to feel like I am cheating by getting levels I didn't quite rightfully earn.

Logically I know that a Level 1 would not survive in Rise of the Runelords, but like I said, you all earned your levels.
Bobby K
Kleam
Davison, MI
Post #: 29
It would depend on the day of the week honestly. If you are serious about it, Pathfinder has a BUNCH of rules for the GM to know. However, I would more than likely join, depending on the day.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 162
Well, right now, I am still looking for enough people to join. So with you and I, I still need to find 2 to 3 more people. As far as when, well that will depend when others are available.

Personally, I'd try to make it a weekly game, as long as it didn't conflict with anyone else's schedule or game, though that depends on the DM I suppose.
John B
knotty_prof
Group Organizer
Goodrich, MI
Post #: 421

It is just a matter of finding enough people interested, and a DM who has free time. We have a lot of Members that don't seem to RSVP to any games, so I just have to reach out to them and see if any of them would be interested. It's not so much that I am averse to it, as I don't want to feel like I am cheating by getting levels I didn't quite rightfully earn.

Logically I know that a Level 1 would not survive in Rise of the Runelords, but like I said, you all earned your levels.
You hit the nail on the head there, finding a DM. Everyone wants to play but very few feel comfortable DMing (it is a bit of a commitment even if you are running a published adventure path).

I appreciate your stepping up to start with your path of finding your own DMing style, we just need more people willing to at least give it a try.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 163

You hit the nail on the head there, finding a DM. Everyone wants to play but very few feel comfortable DMing (it is a bit of a commitment even if you are running a published adventure path).

I appreciate your stepping up to start with your path of finding your own DMing style, we just need more people willing to at least give it a try.
Being a Dungeon Master takes a lot of effort, not only needing to know different mechanics, but being able to weave an interesting story that is full of danger and rewards that capture and ensnare a player's senses. I hope to continue down the path of finding my own Dungeon Master Style, and eventually having the necessary knowledge and experience to DM any type of campaign.

Still though, I'd be willing to eventually step up to DM Pathfinders, but its going to be a good couple of years before I feel comfortable enough to do it. I am satisfied with learning Basic for now. Basic is the ground work.

Still though, I am sure there are a few of our members who have it in them to be a Dungeon Master, just means that I am emailing people and awaiting for their responses.