Sully
seluR_ziW_ezeehC
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 314
Anyone interested in hooking up this Sunday for some Magic?

I play casual and commander. I'm thinking my place around 1pm.

So sayeth the Sully
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 28
I wish I woulda seen this at the time.
Not that I have any cards anyways, lol.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 84
Any chance you might still do these, Sully?
Sully
seluR_ziW_ezeehC
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 341
I never set up an official event. The lack of interest kept me from doing so. Bring your borrowed cards this weekend. I'll see what I can do to help.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 94
Oh I was planning on it. XD

I'm definitely interested enough, if there was an event night for it. Pizza and Magic, sounds like a great event type of night. Plus, I am hoping to get into events.
Sully
seluR_ziW_ezeehC
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 342
Greasy finger foods like pizza have no place near a card game such as Magic. But I'm sure we can fix something up.

For those of you who are interested. It looks like I may be hosting some MtG at my place on Saturday starting around 1pm. Beyond that, I am unfortunately, very busy over the next 6 weeks.

Sully
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 95
Greasy finger foods like pizza have no place near a card game such as Magic. But I'm sure we can fix something up.

For those of you who are interested. It looks like I may be hosting some MtG at my place on Saturday starting around 1pm. Beyond that, I am unfortunately, very busy over the next 6 weeks.

Sully
Gamer Sanctuary has Friday Night Magic for $5. Swiss style pairing. 7 pm - 12 am. Every player automatically gets a booster pack for participating.

Once I have a handle on Magic, I will be running events, so look forward to that information.
Sully
seluR_ziW_ezeehC
Grand Blanc, MI
Post #: 345
Places like Gamer's Sanctuary support the MtG marketing madness. There are different types of decks. Not just themes, but cards that are legal and illegal just based on how old they are. Tournament Legal decks contain the most recent 6 editions of magic cards. This is the main reason I don't play at GC, or other gaming stores. My decks are all illegal by those standards. I play MtG the way it was meant to be played, casually. I believe, if you have the cards, you should be able to play the cards. Though I do follow the banned / restricted rules myself.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 98
Well, for personal Non-store evented games, they don't have restrictions on what cards you use and don't use as long as it doesn't cause issues. That is what I meant, that I would be doing MtG events during a time-slot that they have open tables, and that people from the group who might be interested, could join, though there doesn't seem to be others beside yourself, John, Brett and myself.
Fighter (1) E.
Echamil
Flint, MI
Post #: 127
I just beat my little brother (who knows slightly more magic than I do), twice in a row thanks to the deck that Brett built. I notice the lack of Mana or perhaps my crummy shuffling on the third game.

I might have been doing the first game wrong though. I won primarily to Death Touch, but I had to keep sacrificing for one card, because I didn't have 6 creatures in my deck, one of my cards had regenerate and my brother said I could just use that card for the sacrifice and then regenerate it, so I did what he said.

Other than that, thanks to an enchantment that gave my cards death-touch, afte I had 3 creatures on the field, he couldn't summon anything because I was destroying them the moment he summoned them and was wittering his life down to over-kill while I sat at one LP.

I think I played it wrong though.