align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Live Your Desires: Law of Attraction Classes/Energy Healing Message Board › Breathing in the dark from Pema Chodron

Breathing in the dark from Pema Chodron

Susanne Jensen (.
Susieanne
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 1
I just wanted to follow up with our discussion from Friday's meeting about breathing in the dark. I am going to quote Pema Chodron directly to help explain: "Breathing in the dark is changing the basic patterns and that's what opens the door and takes the armour off of the heart. When we feel we can only breath in the white, that comes from a lot of poverty on our side. We feel we're not rich enough, brave enough, wealthy enough to take in that which is painful. We just don't feel up to it. This practice (of breathing in the dark) introduces us to how wealthy we are, how brave we are, how much equipment we do have. In fact, all this messy stuff is our wealth and also the access, the continual ability to connect with open, fresh space like using the image of opening the heart wider. It turns out that pain actually, we are completely conditioned to think of it as bad, but it turns out that it's just an ordinary thing. It's just ordinary experience, so is pleasure, it's just ordinary. It's this twist of making it bad that seems to be this basic pattern that keeps us suffering. Breathing in the black changes this pattern. The black you are breathing in doesn't really exist. What you're breathing in is a fixation on something, a pattern or habit. It isn't the pain you are afraid of, it's the resistance where we get stuck. The misery that human beings feel is not because fire burns and snow freezes and when our loved ones leave we feel sorrow. All of that has something real and we feel the sense of bittersweet in that, but the real stuff comes from resisting life, resisting, pushing away. That's connected with fear and basically not feeling we're worthy."

I hope this helps clarify things. I know this practice has helped me a lot on my journey.

Love to all,

Susanne
A former member
Post #: 2
I wasn't at the meeting, Susanne, but I wanted to thank you for sharing this. It's very timely for me and most certainly rings true. Thanks again!

Angela