Law of Attraction, Abraham and the Art of Allowing Message Board › Discussion on THRIVE! and the Goodwill Center

Discussion on THRIVE! and the Goodwill Center

Josh Billings
user 9786524
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hey Everyone,

We've had our last two meetings at THRIVE! and the Goodwill Community Center to see which one is the best fit. Later on this week I will put up a poll so that we can vote on which one we feel fits us best.

I've created this thread in case anyone would like to share their experiences at one or both of these places, so that people who missed one or both meetings can get a better idea of which space might work best for them.

Please add any comments you may have. I will try to collate all the responses into a short but brief description that I'll add below the poll to point out the key differences between the two places.

Here are some of the key differences I noticed:

(EDIT:) Room Temperature: Goodwill has a fixed room temperature that's always pretty comfortable. THRIVE! can be adjusted to fit our needs.

Tables & Seating Arrangement: Goodwill Center has enough table space for up to 50 people, but we have to move the tables out and back each time in order to create an open circle or single table for us all to sit around. THRIVE! has enough table space for about 20 people (if we pull out the extra tables), the chairs are already set up in an open circle.

Chairs: Goodwill Center has comfortable office chairs with wheels. THRIVE! has fairly comfortable chairs without wheels.

Distance: THRIVE! is 4 minutes farther west down I-94.

Cost: Meetings at THRIVE! would cost $2 per person to cover both the space and our Meetup.com expenses. Meetings at the Goodwill Center would only need to cover our Meetup.com expenses which are $45 every three months.

Energy: Goodwill is used by all sorts of organizations and offers a very neutral feel. But we didn't have any trouble filling the room up with the group's good vibrations. THRIVE! is a life coaching school that's very spiritually centered. Discussions like the ones we have Friday nights occur regularly, so the room feels a little more pre-paved with good energy.

Sharing Movies: Goodwill Center has movie equipment we can use if we give them enough notice.

Wireless internet: I know THRIVE! has wireless internet, I'm unsure about the Goodwill Center (anyone know?)

Coffee & Tea: Goodwill Center has free coffee and tea.

Curfew: Goodwill closes at 9pm so we have to have the room all back together and be out of it before then. THRIVE! is open as late as we want to go.

While we are looking for one definitive place to call home, there's no reason that we can't choose our regular meeting space and then use the other for a very occasional special meeting (provided we give plenty of notice to everyone) if we have a meeting idea that is best suited for the other space.

Feel free to add / read further comments below.
MARY
user 9776669
Germantown, WI
Post #: 3
I agree with everything that Josh said. He just about covered it all. The chairs are more comfortable at Goodwill, and I like the tables to sometimes take notes, but Thrive is definitely more cozy and homier. (is that a word???).

Maybe with the extra money that we get some weeks we can get our own tea and instant coffee and just leave it there from meeting to meeting.

Mary
A former member
Hi,
My name is Dona. I have not been able to get to a meeting yet. Friday nights are a difficult time for me.
I so much want to get to a meeting, so anything that anyone prefers is fine with me. Just hoping to get there.
Please keep me in the loop. Thank you.
A former member
Post #: 4
I think Josh also summed it up pretty well. THe only thing I'd like to add is that the Thrive room was so cold that I didn't feel comfortable taking my coat off. I wasn't the only one with their coat on their shoulders either. If indeed the cost for the room goes to heat like Patti said...then I think we need some if we select this place.
Josh Billings
user 9786524
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 2
I talked to Patty and she said we can turn the heat up for our meetings if we have them at THRIVE! We just have to remember to turn it back down upon leaving.
Mary Ann Newman
user 11034288
Verona, WI
Hi! I'm Mary Ann Newman and I have not been to a meeting again. I'm super excited to start. I'm a Life Coach, Crisis Counselor and minister and have been practicing Law of Attraction for years. Either site is just fine with me. I'll wait to hear when the next meeting is.
Betty
user 4039350
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 10
I wasn't at the Goodwill center, but I do enjoy the atmosphere of Thrive. Maybe we could use the Goodwill center if we decided to show a movie or if we were to do some kind of project where we needed more space. I'm good either way.
Betty