Freedom From Religion Foundation - Valley of the Sun Chapter Message Board › Freedom From Atheism Foundation

Freedom From Atheism Foundation

David S
David_S-Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 134
A new group, whose name is designed to mirror FFRF, has been formed to push back against the confrontational, brutally-repressive, intolerant, oppressive, hate-filled, persecuting, harassing, bullying, vulgar, profane, intimidating, militant atheists! "History has demonstrated that atheists, especially once they get into positions of power, have been brutally repressive toward those who do not share their faith." says an administrator of the new group, Freedom From Atheism Foundation (FFAF).

So atheists, pay heed - the FFAF is on the watch! They have a Facebook page (and Twitter account) to keep track of the infractions. Their original goal was "formation of a community that had the courage to stand up to atheist bullying and raise awareness to atheist intolerance!"; their current goal is to make themselves "irrelevant" by seeing "an end to atheist intolerance".

Learn more here: Freedom From Religion? How About Freedom From Atheism? tongue
A former member
Post #: 2
If there is a HELL please go there.
Jennifer W.
jennifer2226
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 17
O.k. Good luck with that.
linda
user 15696281
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 5
David,
I applaud you for your courage to place this on the discussion board. There is a great deal of bullying and hatred on each side of the debate, unfortunately also within our own ranks of believers, agnostics, and nonbelievers. Many sects on each side have been likened to supremacist organizations with all the acts and attitudes that implies. Just yesterday I was present to witness a rant against Muslims and other non-christian groups in which a nominee for AZ public office was raging about making each of these illegal in AZ. That is his platform. This is a danger to society and I hope the reasons why would not have to be explained to self-identified intelligent people. It assures me to see someone following the violence regardless on which side it falls. All of it is selfish and unnecessary. What my neighbor is or isn't does not make me less or more of anything. Any belief that it does would be irrational and unfounded. Undertaking acts to harm others based on made-up self justification is criminal and should be tolerated by no group of reasonable persons.
Jennifer W.
jennifer2226
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 18
David--I owe you a big apology! I misunderstood you! I thought you were saying that you were the one who started the FFAF group! I thought you were being intimidating. I was so confused!! Now I get it. It just goes to show how texts, emails, etc. can be misunderstood! Sorry! And thanks for the heads-up about FFAF.