Learn to write a complete story idea in under two hours using this simple and effective StoryMaker outlining process that will change the way you look at story forever. Bring your own idea, a notebook and get ready to unblock all obstacles to your finished outline. It doesn't matter if you have just an idea, a series of scenes, or an entire three act beat sheet. The StoryMaker Process will help you identify:
• - How to make your character emotionally interesting and compelling.
• - What genre you are writing and WHY.
• - What scenes absolutely MUST be in your story.
• - Which characters you need to make your story work.
• - How to find the highs and lows of your story.
• - How to figure out what your story is REALLY about
• -- ie. What's your THEME.
• - How to write an emotionally impactful ending that makes audiences FEEL closure.
This revolutionary way of writing works for any type of story: film, novels, webisodes, TV pilots, shorts -- anything! Plus you'll learn the power of non-linear storytelling as a way of unlocking your true potential. We don't teach this class very often but if you come, you will not be disappointed. Class includes a hand-out to help your continue your work after you leave.
Cost: $5 for the intro hour / $30 for the 3-hour lecture + handout.
This class is taught by Cecilia Najar who has taught this process for four years to students around the world. She has written and optioned screenplays and a novel, and is currently writing a comedy for Sneak Preview Entertainment.