Here comes another FREE headshot and night time photoshoot clinic for people on BOTH sides of the lens, brought to you by Mojito Mas!... the number 12 and the letter Q. *cue the trumpets and epic movie themed music now*
- Photogs, learn something new & up your skillset
- Actors/models, get some night time headshot and full length photos to add to your portfolio's
- Learn some "bokeh" and long exposure techniques
- See the LAPD chase Lenny out of the parking lot. That guy is everywhere!
- Join us for dinner afterwards
The photos below are the types of shots we're going to duplicate, and I will show you how. The technique is in part called "Bokeh". Thanks to Merrick for posing for the shots below at my last event.
So here goes!!!!
BELOW is the exact spot where we are meeting... corner of Oxnard and Owensmouth from 6:45-7:00pm.
We will walk over to a few choice locations at 7:00 PM sharp... so BE ON TIME!!! And don't buy crack from Lenny either!
- FREE parking in AMC's parking lot. I LOVE THE VALLEY!!! ...especially free parking. lol.
How to find us: If you see a bunch of Japanese tourists with 3000 cameras wrapped around their necks, YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT SPOT! lol. Not really. You can't miss me... all my pics are recent.
Photogs need to bring:
- your camera obviously... hopefully its a good DSLR.
- a clear filter to protect your lens. It may be foggy or damp. Bring lens paper to wipe and clean your lens. At the least, you'll want to put your lens cap on when you're not shooting.
- tri pod is a MUST! Get a cheap one if you don't have one, but you will NEED IT!!!
- a flash.
- zoom / telefoto lens is a MUST! bring what you have though.
- if you have a super low # f stop lens, BRING IT! 1.8f or a 2.8f capacity lens, BEST!!
- each of you needs to bring at least one 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of black paper (construction paper works best)
- bring a few (like 3-6) rubber bands that will wrap around your lens
- bring a pair of scissors. Did I spell that right? *spelling sucks, I know. lol.
- bring a flash light. Bring 2 or 3 if you want to really have some fun. Disco!!
- be ready to rock n roll, have your makeup done (guys and girls)
- for this shoot, you can pretty much wear whatever you want. It might be COLD at night though, highly doubt it since this is in the Valley, but dress in layers just to be safe.
- bring a pair of tennis shoes to walk around in from location to location... not just high heels. What the guys are doing in high heels is beyond me, but I'm sure once the cops are done with Lenny, they can focus on the guys and their 5" manolo's. *two snaps and an around the world twissst* Hello sissssster! Don't wear white after labor day!
After the event!!!
- Photogs... Please watermark your pics. I will send out an email later of where to post them so we can ALL post them in ONE, central, free place for everyone to see and then later share. This event is FREE, so please don't charge people to download your photos!
- Models... The specific photos I take will be posted on this meetup so you can copy and paste them... full frame, high res shots. Use them for your headshots, on your websites, facebook albums, whatever. All I ask is that you credit me as the photographer when you post them. My shots are raw, no re-touching. CJ and some others retouched their photos last time. THANK THEM immensely when you see them. :)
Looking forward to a beautiful evening of great photography!!!
Q & A section:
Q. Is Lenny making an appearance like he did at 10pm last week at the other clinic?
A. Hell ya! Lenny is all over the frigg'n place. He's working for the man... errrr, screwing the man, anychance he can.
Q. Why is this thing at 7:00pm?
A. Because that's when Lenny takes his afternoon cup of tea. NO silly, we are going to catch a little bit of the sunset, and then start firing away in various locations the darker it gets.
Q. Are dogs allowed?
A. Woo hoo!!! YES, dogs are allowed. Your dog must be on a leash at ALL times! Just don't tie your dog to a post and walk away for too long. Though dogs make great bus stop props, they're likely to eat Lenny's crack, and then I have to call doggie 911. It'll be a mess. :(
Q. Are you getting paid to do these event Mojito?
A. You know, I'm actually just pimp'n Lenny out. He gives me .23 cents everytime he sees me. Granted, he pays me in belly lint. NO!!!!! Uh, what part of FREE didn't you get? I'm not getting paid to do anything these days. Anyone hiring an underwater basket weaver? My work speaks for itself. I trained under "El Basket-a-dor" in Spain! lol.