Louisiana Filmmakers Message Board › HB444 Favorable Passage BUT Fatallly Amended, Meaning Winning Another Battle

HB444 Favorable Passage BUT Fatallly Amended, Meaning Winning Another Battle, HB161 Deferred Until...

Susie L.
lasunshine
Baton Rouge, LA
MORE BATTLES WON! MORE TO GO...

Well, I was at Ways and Means yesterday and this evening. HB161 was deferred yesterday and and not on Agenda for today. HB444 passed the Committee favorably BUT it was corrupted with deadly amendments, which ruined the bill, meaning we won another battle today. HB161 is deferred and we don't know if or when it would reappear. Our attendance yesteday spilled over and did count today. The red cards took about six inches in Chair's hand. WOW!!! My own eyes popped out in awe. These 2 Representatives spoke and stuck to their guns and say they are not backing off. They mentioned me and recognized my presence and sure felt my effort against them. Even Governor is listening, which is great news. Not Gospel, but I do believe we will be winning him back over, when I read it or hear it in black and white, we will sure let us know. Game is not over, but just winning a few battles. Many more to come up and will let us know.Thank Amy Ransow for taking pictures of us in Action, which can be seen on Facebook. Thanking LFEA and David Tatman for keeping us abreast and for theirs and his continuous good work. They are geniuses.

Thank everyone for taking time to show up as our impact was very heavy and effective and we were definitely heard by Governor and the Legislators. Producers, Directors, Giant Studios, Little Studios, Schools, Crew, Unions, Businesses, Actors, Extras, Leaders in Industry and Comunity, etc. and everyone involved or impacted by film industry there. It was overwhelming.

More...

Keep Alert to my blasts, to LFEA http://www.lfea.org...­ , and my facebook Wall and my Event Pages.

Susie