align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Houston Film Industry Meetup Group Message Board › Help with an idea?

Help with an idea?

A former member
Post #: 12
Picture this: You're at some large event (anime convention, ren fare, etc) and you see a wanted poster pinned to a wall with an assassin on it and there's guards with copies of the poster asking around for anyone who's seen this character.. You turn around to see a group of courtesans making a scene, trying to catch peoples attention. Away from the show the ladies are putting on someone falls to the ground, presumably dead, and there is the Assassin! He battles the guards, then makes a break for it and vanishes in the crowd..

Wouldn't that be awesome?!

That's the idea behind this large-scale Assassin's Creed skit!

There's a lot of planning and preparation that'll need to be done (not to mention practice fights so no one actually gets hurt, yet it looks real) before this can become a reality, but I'm willing to put the time and effort into it if I can get some help.

I'm more than happy to help with costumes and props.. I want it to look as real as is safely possible so hopefully we can talk the people running the event (whatever event we end up choosing to do this at) into letting us have real (albeit blunted) weapons.. I'm going to do some research (just in case) on how to make props that look like real metal.. we may just go with that if y'all prefer, but we will be using wooden replicas for practice... they're easier, faster and less expensive to make..

Courtesans will be doing more than just distracting people and guards, they'll help fight too!
They and the thieves, mercenaries, doctors, etc will help us find 'assassination targets'. Let them know what's going on and what not so we can get a good show.

We have one photographer (my Sister-in-law) but will likely need a few people to work video cameras from different angles and we'll all get together afterwards to work on splicing it all together into a fun little video for youtube or something..

I have a little meetup group started for this as well to hopefully get a few more actors/cosplayers in
http://meetup.com/Tex...­ (not trying to spam or anything, just so everyone interested can stay up to date on what's going on with the project incase I forget to update on any of the other sites/group pages I have this on for recruiting help)

Unfortunately I'm only in Houston maybe one weekend a month so I'm unable to attend this groups monthly meetups.. I have a meetup for this project set up for April 22 (Good Friday), although I'm still not sure where to have it..

If anyone's interested or has questions/suggestions PLEASE let me know!
A former member
Post #: 1
I think this is an excellent idea.

Costumes and weapons for authenticity: I think for weapons, they would have to be metal of some type if swords, the rest can be plastic, rubber, wood, etc, as needed, painted or in some fashion cast/molded in color for realism.

I really think this could be quite entertaining for a RenFest crowd. Even in an old west setting, as a gunfight of sorts, which I have seen done in Austin many years ago as part of a parade and annual event, though I can't remember the exact event. It was in full public, the actors mingling in the crowds as necessary, very realistic.

I think a video, if you can conceal cameras (audio would be the difficulty, but I know someone that may have advice on the audio), and edited right, could actually be used for a short film and possibly entered into short film contests..

I'll keep watch and hope that I can get the time to assist or even be a character in front of the camera, it would be fantastic for something like this to have complete success and be a show to remember for those watching.
A former member
Post #: 27
YAY!! I'm so glad someone is interested! *does the happy dance*

I've emailed the Texas Ren Fare about it (do to their weapons policy mostly: real weapons are allowed, but they must be tied or zip-locked into their sheath) and asked if maybe they have security cameras we could get access too after the fare.. that was last Friday.. still haven't heard from them
=(T__T)=

also have at least one person in a parkour group interested.. going to one of their meetups Sunday, so hopefully I can get a few more convinced to help out

Going to check with a couple of other groups that might know of how to get in touch with the ren fare pplz faster.. or some of them might actually work there.. *prays*