Only another 17 days before the designers and developers fiesta.
Just in case you haven’t had a chance to check out who is talking and what the topics are then here is a sample from the developer sessions. We have one more special speaker still to be confirmed so watch this space. Remember you also get access to all the designers’ sessions as well. Check out the full event schedule and register at
Learn to speak like a native, choose to speak slang - Jodie oRourke – Blinkbox
- Native apps are expensive to build and require lots of learning, cross-compilation can be a cheaper short-cut and expedite deployment to multiple platforms. Is this true for every app? In this talk, Jodie will explore the range of issues faced by app developers when deciding whether to build their app with native code and tools, or whether to opt for one of the cross-compilation tools now available.
What is creative technology and why should I care? - Andrew Dobson - GrandUnion
- A popular buzzword, particularly amongst recruiters, but what is a ‘Creative Technologist’ and why are companies hiring them? A look at the skillsets, culture and opportunities for a new (kind of) breed of coder.
Designing a Responsive Website using CSS3 & jQuery – Tareq Fadel – Academy Class
Mobile & Brand Marketing – a creative perspective – Scott Seeborn – XS2
- Looking at the history, context and format of mobile as a creative medium. Then a look into the future of connected media over the next ten years.
Packaging and building mobile applications with HTML/CSS and JS using Dreamweaver CS6 and PhoneGap – John Cole – Adobe
Building rich HTML5 mobile applications using Sencha Touch – Daniel Gallo – Sencha & Ricky Clegg - Burrows
Angry Words – Toby Dussek – Academy Class
- Just ‘cos Flex is no longer cool doesn’t mean you can’t still develop cracking cross-platform apps; Android, iOS and Blackberry native apps straight from Flex
It looks like Flash, it acts like Flash but… Toby Dussek – Academy Class
Only the Developer Knows – David Arnold – Academy Class
- As a developer tasked with producing a mobile application you no have a vast array of choices – native, html5, flash, appcelerator, sencha touch, and numerous “wizards”.But which really is the best choice ? Many developers are now realising that the “best” choice is to play to their own strengths and choose a development platform that builds upon their existing experience and expertise. However in the world of mobile we need to present the user with a consistent experience, ie. that of native development, in order to guarantee the usability of our application. In this session we’ll look at developing HTML5 Applications for the forthcoming BlackBerry 10 platform with BBui.js, and compare our finished application with the native SDK.
hope you can make it. Register at www.designersfiesta.co.uk