Hello Los Angeles - Join Flickr for a great photowalk this coming Saturday, May 19th.
We will be meeting at the main entrance of Union Station (next to the clock tower) at 11 AM. Don't worry - you won't miss us. If you see a large crowd with cameras - that's the Flickr meetup :)
Here is what we are planning:
- We'll be meeting at the main entrance at 11 AM and will probably get going around 11:15 AM.
- First, we will go into the train station. The station was opened in 1939 and is one of the most significant stations in the state with tons of photo opportunities inside the station. You can get a taste here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=union%20station%20los%20a...
- Then we'll be heading over to Olvera Street and the oldest part of Los Angeles. Lot's of history there.
- Instead of Chinatown, we are going to go towards Little Tokyo - bypassing the Los Angeles City Hall and the "new" LAPD building.
- In "Little Tokyo" we may want to enjoy a bean cake at Mitsuru Cafe and continue to walk down towards the art district.
- At the end of our walk, we'll be going to LA's famous German restaurant "Wurstküche" (http://www.wurstkuche.com/) and Flickr will be happy to buy you a beer.
We hope to see you all this Saturday. It's going to be a gorgeous day (probably not too hot) and we'll be taking a ton of photos and make new friends.