addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Birds, Butterflies & Botany Message Board Butterflies › Overwintering Chrysalises

Overwintering Chrysalises

Terri
LillyduLac
Winter Springs, FL
Greetings Fellow Nature Lovers,

I am in the process of deciding upon a place for us to meet, grab a bite to eat and touch base with one another. Spring is on the way so we should gear up to renew our butterfly gardens~! Yay

If you have been butterfly gardening with host plants, be careful about pruning your shrubs as they may have overwintering chrysalides in them. I have many Black Swallowtail chrysalises in a shrub near where the host plants were. The last batch of pupating butterflies of the season will stay in their chrysalis until the days get longer and Spring arrives. Also most caterpillars leave their host plant and crawl to other shrubs to pupate in.

Okay hope to see many of your smiling faces soon. I will post a lunch meetup in the near future. Meanwhile look at the upcoming calendar notes for eco events to attend. Who is going to the Scrub Jay Festival this weekend~!

Lilly laughing