Birds, Butterflies & Botany Message Board Botany › good news for wildlife habitat owners

good news for wildlife habitat owners

Marilu
MariluD
Altamonte Springs, FL
Post #: 61
There is good news for wildlife habitat owners and others who want to plant and maintain their yards in a manner beneficial to wildlife, even though it might not comply with homeowners association or municipal rules… Florida law now supports your efforts.

On June 30, 2009, Governor Charlie Crist signed Senate Bill 2080, also called the Water Rights Bill.
One of the provisions in the bill states that any landscape that fits the 9 principles of Florida-friendly planting, use the right plant in the right place, water efficiently, fertilize appropriately, mulch, attract wildlife, manage yard pests responsibly, recycle, reduce storm water runoff and protect the waterfront, supersedes and takes precedence over all other municipal, county and homeowner association rules, ordinances or laws.

more...
http://www.fwfonline....­
Terri
LillyduLac
Winter Springs, FL
Post #: 61
Very interesting Marilu~! I want my yard to be certified as a wildlife habitat. How do I do that?