Colorado Aerial Media Pros Message Board › Meetup this Sunday!

Meetup this Sunday!

Shawn M.
user 69546772
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hi Gang,
CO AMP Meetup/Fly-In this Sunday, January 12th from 10:00 am til 2:00ish at the Boulder Muni Airport.  Since the Broncos are playing at 1:00, we moved the start time up from noon to 10 am- but set your DVR's, cuz this will be fun....
Bob Rubino has kindly offered the use of his hangar as a meeting spot to get to know one another, look at gear, snack and drink.The weather is looking good (bit windy) and there's an open field near the hangar where we can fly(see maps below).
Please park only in the marked field and be mindful of all taxiways and ramps. Lastly, see the map below for the 'no fly" zone on the western side of the airport runways.
GEAR-BRING IT!
Let's see whatchugot-- bring everything: all copters, ground stations, FPV gear, charging set ups, DIY builds etc.  If you got stuff to sell or trade, bring that too!  Bob has chairs but bring folding chairs and/or tables if you have them (for your gear)
Even though this Meetup is an informal gathering, I'd like to take a few minutes to, as a group, get to know one another.
I suggest that bya 10:30 am we all meet in the hangar, make introductions, share some background and what type of gear you fly, what you'd like to learn/talk about and whatnot.
From 11:15 ish on we can fly out on the field and over the lake.  I've confirmed that we shouldn't have any RF issues w/ airport radio traffic, but we need to discuss how to fly together safely with all the 2.4 transmitters, not to mention 5.8  and WiFi video equip. If anyone has any experience with a RC fly in, please chime in with best protocols.
Also, if you have any current FAA documentation or credible news, please print out something and bring it.  It's a hot topic and always full of opinion.  If anyone is comfortable enough to speak on current FAA events, by all means, the floor will be yours.
Bring your own snacks and refreshments-- Bob will have some beers, but let's not drain his fridge!
See maps below and above link for directions. Bob's cell is listed, and mine is: 303.902.4440.  Look for a black Toyota Tacoma in the field, I'll be there a bit early.
Give me a shout if you have any questions
Shawn