addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New York Folk Music Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup on the High Line?

Meetup on the High Line?

Elizabeth B.
user 2712202
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 34
Hi all,

I was wondering if people would like to jhave a meetup on the High Line. I was thinking of May 5 or 6. Of course we would not have the amenities of Glen's apartemt, but we could bring song books with us for the lyrics. I have Rise Up Singing, and I recommend that one. (It's available on-line.) The High Line is a lovely spot, and the weather, hopefully, should be delightful. (I would cancel in case of rain.)

So let us know if you'd like to do this, and if you prefer Saturday or Sunday, May 5 or 6.

Elizabeth
A former member
Post #: 64
Hi Elizabeth. I will doing something in Montauk that weekend. Hope you get a turn-out . It's not a bad plan . Hope to join you another time if you have it there again. Happy Holidays !
Steve Mollin.
kj.
user 15041491
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I was wondering if people would like to jhave a meetup on the High Line. I was thinking of May 5 or 6. Of course we would not have the amenities of Glen's apartemt, but we could bring song books with us for the lyrics. I have Rise Up Singing, and I recommend that one. (It's available on-line.) The High Line is a lovely spot, and the weather, hopefully, should be delightful. (I would cancel in case of rain.)

So let us know if you'd like to do this, and if you prefer Saturday or Sunday, May 5 or 6.

Elizabeth

Yes! would be great. I could do Sat., May 5th, can't do Sun.
-k.
Ken B.
Ken_Brown_W2KB
Port Murray, NJ
Post #: 4
Saturday, May 5th would be good for me. I do have the Rise Up Singing book; it was recommended at a beginner/low-intermediate acoustic guitar workshop on the Filk music track at a science fiction convention last year. For those unfamiliar with the term, "Filk music" is Folk music mostly with a science fiction theme, some original music, and some substitute lyrics for well known songs. See for example this from the Ontario, CA filk convention being held in a couple of weeks: http://www.filkontari...­

---Ken

Sue R
SRosenRealtor
Farmingdale, NY
Post #: 32
I LOVE your idea of meeting on the High Line and singing our hearts out...I live in Long Island and last summer my group and I (22 of us met) and did the High Line, Chelsea Market, West Side Highway, and down to Battery Park for a Shakespearean Play and a boat to Governors Island. It was a fantastic day and evening. I would love another outing on the High Line. Music! :)

FYI, When I looked up May 5th, I saw that it is Cinco de Mayo. I dont know if that makes a difference, other than possibly more crowds in the city???

I will keep an eye out for the date you decide. I would love to offer it to my group, Discover Long Island AS AN outing as well! Thank you Elizabeth!

Sue Rosen

quote]Hi all,

Elizabeth

Yes! would be great. I could do Sat., May 5th, can't do Sun.
-k.