December 21, 2013 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Feel free to throw your favorite holiday songs into our musical mix. Plus anyone who is interested can join a group of us that will spend the last hour of the SOJO caroling around the neighborhood, while those who want to stay warm can keep singing in the chapel.
Since Feb.2013, we've been meeting in a new location! While our old Crystal City meeting place is being renovated, we've had to come up with an alternative location at least temporarily. Please be sure to log in and check out the new address when you RSVP. More detailed directions, closest Metro and parking info can be found in a File "uploaded on Feb 7, 2013" under the "More" tab.
If you're a seasoned SOJO'er, you already know the program, but below are all the details which may be helpful to our new members.
MOST IMPORTANT POINTS:
1. If you have a copy of Rise Up Singing, please bring it. If you don't, we may have some extras available for you to borrow (one time only, please) or buy from us.
2. Feel free to bring lyrics to hand out, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book. If you'd like to bring a song that most people don't know well, see if you can find a youtube link and post it in the comments when you RSVP. We'd like to listen a few times before the SOJO to get the hang of it.
3. Bring something to drink, as singing is likely to make you thirsty.
4. We appreciate but do not require, any contributions ($4, or whatever) to help pay for renting the room.
5. Please do RSVP. It helps us know how to set up the room. RSVP by clicking "Yes" above the other attendees' names.
FURTHER DETAILS, if you like:
* Our regular gatherings take place on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. We meet from 2 to 5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. You can come for the whole time or just part of it. If you can arrive early to help set up and so we have a musical quorum to start, that would be great.
* Click on "Pages" for additional information such as our format and other good things to know; click on "Photos" for pictures of some of our gatherings; click on "More," then "Files" to check out the wide variety of songs we've sung at previous SOJOs.
Whether you're new to SOJO or not so new, we look forward to singing and/or jamming with you!