Dec 1, 2012 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Don't hide in your room! Come to SOJO and sing any song you like with a bunch of welcoming and friendly music lovers.
If you're a seasoned SOJO'er, you already know the program, but below are all the details which may be helpful to our new members. (NEW FOLKS: See the note below about FREE parking in nearby garages on weekends. You DON'T need to use the metered parking in the front of the building!)
MOST IMPORTANT POINTS:
1. If you have a copy of Rise Up Singing, please bring it. If you don't, we'll probably have some extras available for you to borrow (one time only, please) or buy from us (at cost, about $12).
2. Feel free to bring lyrics to hand out, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book.
3. Bring something to drink, as singing is likely to make you thirsty.
4. We appreciate but do not require, any contributions ($4, or whatever) to help pay for renting the room.
5. Please do RSVP. It helps us know how to set up the room. RSVP by clicking "Yes" above the other attendees' names.
6. Free parking is available on weekends at nearby garages, the closest being on 23rd St (next to a sky-blue "CrystalCityShops" awning) between Rt. 1 and Crystal Drive.
FURTHER DETAILS, if you like:
* Our regular gatherings take place on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month at our Crystal City venue (wheelchair accessible) listed above. We meet from 2 to 5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. You can come for the whole time or just part of it. If you can arrive early to help set up and so we have a musical quorum to start, that would be great.
* For detailed directions from the Metrorail station, click on "More,” then click on "Files.” From there choose "Crystal City Metro to SOJO directions" posted by Freddy on October 1, 2010.
* Click on "Pages" for additional information such as our format and other good things to know; click on "Photos" for pictures of some of our gatherings; click on "More," then "Files" to check out the wide variety of songs we've sung at previous SOJOs.
Whether you're new to SOJO or not so new, we look forward to singing and/or jamming with you!