From: Rick <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Sent: Mon, October 18, 2010 4:30:03 PM
Subject: [folk-45] New Meetup: Veterans Day SOJO
Announcing a new Meetup for The DC Area Folk SOJO (Sing Out Jam Out)!What
: Veterans Day SOJO !!!When
: Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:00 PMWhere
: Crystal Plaza Apts Club Suite
2111 Jeff Davis Hwy (US 1) across from Radisson & Hampton Inn, south of 20th St traffic light. Left at front desk, room on left From metro: Right on Bell St (in back of escalator exit), one block. Location is behind building facing you at end of Bell.
Arlington, VA 22202It's our pleasure to invite you to our next hootenanny! Come ready to enthusiastically sing and/or play with us and help us raise the roof! Check your inhibitions and fatigue at the door. Is there a better way to spend an afternoon?
If you're a seasoned SOJO'er, you already know the program, but details of our next meetup are above (and below),
for the benefit of all SOJO members.If you're new to Sing Out Jam Out (SOJO): Welcome, we're happy you found us and we look forward to a rewarding association together! All the details you need for coming to sing and/or play with us are on this page. Always feel free to email any of the organizers if you need more information.
MOST IMPORTANT POINTS:
1. Please do your best to bring a copy of Rise Up Singing. The book is out of print, but you should have no trouble buying a copy on eBay, Amazon.com, Half.com or Overstock.com. We also may have loaners available with a "borrow one time only" honors policy.
2. Please do RSVP. It helps us know how to set up the room beforehand and relieves us of the need to shuffle furniture around as
members arrive after the merrymaking has
3. Bring something to drink, as singing is likely to make you thirsty.
4. We request, but do not require, a $4 contribution to help pay for renting the room.5. Parking availability is our most frequently asked question. Free parking is available on weekends at nearby garages, the closest being on 23rd St between Rt. 1 and Crystal Drive, just a short distance west of Crystal Drive on the north side of 23rd St.
FURTHER DETAILS, if you like:
* Our next gathering is Saturday, November 6, at our usual Crystal City venue (wheelchair accessible), exact location is above. We'll meet as we always do, from 2 to 5 p.m., with a break around 3:30.
* For detailed directions from the Metrorail station, make sure you're signed into SOJO's website, click on "More" in the the information frame at the top of our Web site's home page, then click
on "Files" in the drop down menu. From there choose "Crystal City Metro to SOJO directions" posted by Freddy on Sept. 7, 2008, or see the more brief metro directions above. (You are either now on our Web site, or you can get there by clicking the link below.)
* Please arrive a little early if you can, to help set up and so we have a musical quorum to start.
* Feel free to bring lyrics to hand out, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book.
* Click on "About" toward the left of the information frame at the top of our Web site's home page for additional information about our format, etc. (You are either now on our Web site, or you can get there by clicking the link below.) You can also click on "Photos" on that same frame for pictures of some of our gatherings.Whether you're new to SOJO or not so new, we look forward to singing and/or jamming with you!
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/folkSOJO/calendar/15150280/
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY
", your message will be sent to everyone
on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Rick ([address removed]) from The DC Area Folk SOJO (Sing Out Jam Out)
To learn more about Rick, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | [address removed]