Announcing a new Meetup for The DC Area Folk SOJO (Sing Out Jam Out)!
What: I know a man whose name is Lang, and he has a neon sign...
When: January 3,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: Rentboy Freddy will tell you all about it. Stand by.
(Freddy wakes up.) WHA? HUH? WHAZAT? OH ? oh. Um. Right.
Yes. Well, a new year is upon us, or we are upon it, and so it's time for our January meeting of the late-20s, mid-50s, and early-90s married, civilly united, single, divorced, and constitutionally diswedded, Esperanto- and Klingon-speaking parents', non-parents', anti-parents', geophages' and petrovores' Mille Bornes, Crazy Clock, Super Mario Brothers, Pong, snow-canoeing, ice-biking, bungee-crawling, bar-skipping, final-g-droppin', cotton-pickin', cousin-marryin', Disney-boycottin', American-and-unamerican-idol-worshippin' Meetup devoted to propounding the thought, promoting the election or other ascension, and contemplating the glorious visage, of our next President, DR. RON PAUL!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! MORE COFFEE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!
I'm so tired.
RESOLVE to simplify your life in 2009. The ONLY Meetup you really, really need, the DC Folk Sing-Out Jam-Out ("SOJO" to us Bohos) will meet Saturday, January 3, 2009 --
* At our usual Crystal City venue (wheelchair accessible), 1.5 blocks from the Crystal City Blue & Yellow Line Metrorail station, with free parking available on weekends at nearby garages, the closest being on 23rd St. between Crystal Drive and US 1. For detailed directions from the Metrorail station, make sure you're signed into SOJO's website, click on "Files" in the menu at upper left, and choose "Crystal City Metro to SOJO directions" posted by Freddy on Sept. 7, 2008.
* From 2 to 5 p.m. with a break around 3:30. Please arrive a little early if you can, to help set up and so we have a musical quorum to start.
* Please bring your Rise Up Singing book or purchase one at the gathering. We sell them at our cost, usually around $18. Alternatively, you may borrow a copy (there is a "borrow one time only" honor system policy). Remember, you can also bring lyrics, preferably with chords, for songs not in the book.
* If you're able and inclined to do so, bring $4 or so to contribute toward the rent for our meeting place. If you're not so able or inclined, don't sweat it... please come anyway!
* You might want to bring some water to drink as singing tends to parch.
(Pace Allan Sherman)
Learn more here:http://folk.meetup.com/45/calendar/9369827/