League of Occult Research & Education (LORE) Message Board › TAROT READINGS for next year in America, report from L.O.R.E Jan 3, 2011

TAROT READINGS for next year in America, report from L.O.R.E Jan 3, 2011

Anna
Spanglefeather
Olympia, WA
Post #: 67
We did two Celtic Cross readings. I am still learning, so I would be open to others adding comments or differing opinions as to how to interpret these cards. The readings were done using Tierra's "Herbal Tarot."

Card 1: Present Position 8 Wands --- Acceptance, moving on
Card 2: Crossing influence: IV Emperor --- dominion, and rules
Card3 : Goals: IX The Hermit --- searching for wisdom, isolation
Card 4: Foundation: 3 Cups --- celebration
Card 5: Past: Ace Swords --- fiery new initiative
Card 6 : Future: X Wheel of Fortune --- chance, change
Card 7 : The Questioner: XVII The Star --- individuality, meditation, personal vision
Card 8 : Environment : 9 Swords --- misery, illness
Card 9 : Inner Feelings : Page of Pentacles
Card 10: Final Outcome: Ace Cups --- love, blessings

My interpretation:
I feel like this reading mostly addresses the economy. IN the past we were confident in our own visions (The Star) and happy to 'party on' (3 Cups) but now we are suffering ( 9 swords.) Unemployed people are going to have to learn new skills ( Ace Pent.) and people are going to have to help each other (Ace Cups.) Rules will get in the way ( The Emperor) as will individualism of wanting to be a Star.
It could also predict greater isolationism on the part of the US, (Emperor) perhaps because of terrorist activities at airports ( The Star) . The government will perhaps restrict travel (8 Cups.)

Micheal was curious what was meant by the Hermit so we did a second reading to gain more information, using the Hermit as Card 1.

1: The Hermit
2: 4 Swords
3: The Hierophant
4: Knight of Swords
5: The Moon
6: Knight of Pentacles
7: 7 of Wands
8 : King of Wands
9 : Page of Swords
10: Knight of Wands

This reading was astonishingly full of Men in Power, probably the government (Cards 4,6,8, 9, 10.)
The Military (4) and Business Interests (6) are going to prevent Obama(8) from withdrawing troops (Card 2). Although the government is searching(1) for wisdom(3), radical right (9)will continue to cause Obama to lose power. He will be demoted from King(8) to Knight(10), and have to battle (7) over everything. Fear is at the back of it all(5). A young leader (9) will rise to support continuing war, and undermine Obama's agenda.