This is a FREE event!
What is the SCTT?
Next season of South Canal Time Trial Series starts Tuesday, March 12th, 2013.
Time trial is a race of truth and an opportunity for cyclists to compare their fitness with fellow cyclists. Sacramento, California is blessed with a stretch of road next to a river canal that is free of traffic which is an ideal place for a time trial. Cyclists can try out their aero toys and have fun in a friendly competition. In 2013, Folsom Bike will be running this event every OTHER TUESDAY night starting March 12th on a completely volunteer basis. How great is that! There are no fees, no registration, no waivers, no lawyers and no prizes. This is just a simple race of truth for 10 miles among friendly cyclists for FUN. If you are in the area, go try out your time trial skills. It’s a blast.
Course is a 10 miles out and back on a totally traffic free road that parallels the river canal. There are 1 small riser within first mile and 2 overpasses within 2 miles of the start. The turn around is marked with an arrow painted on the road exactly 5 miles from the start on top of a very small riser. If you run into a major street, then you’ve gone too far.
Finally, if you plan to attend this event regularly, do consider (expect) to volunteer. The volunteer job is very easy and involves taking time of finished racers.
Points of Notice
- Flat out and back. Stay on the right side of the road.
- 2 overpasses. Do not go under the road. Go over the pass.
- Length: 5 miles out, 5 miles back. 10 miles total.
- Start Time: 6:00 PM EVERY OTHER TUESDAY from March 12th to September 24th.
- In case of rain the Time Trial is canceled.
- Registration (sign-in) closes at 5:50 PM.
- When you sign in, remember your number next to your name.
- Riders start at 30 second interval starting at 6:00 PM in the order of sign in.
- As you cross the finish line, yell out your number like your life depends on it.
- If you finish close to another rider, do circle back and make sure timer got your number and time.
- Coming from Hwy 50 (east or west)
- Take exit 18 for Sunrise Blvd. (Head south)
- -> Turn right at White Rock Rd.
- <- Turn left at Kilgore Rd.
- <- Turn left at Baroque Dr.
- <- Take the 3rd left onto Oselot Way.
**Do not park in occupied neighborhoods, try to park in commercial areas and ride your bike in.**