Tonight we'll start work on a crowdfunding campaign to buy a 3D printer - the purchase our member poll resulted in. Some questions we'll explore are:
1. What printer will we buy?
2. Why? What will we use it for? (we need to answer this for the crowdfunding pledge...)
3. Who owns it? Tax issues etc...
Richard will bring his MendelMax 3D printer in for a demo.
There will also be five rapid sessions/updates on;
1. Our neighbours in the mill Inition / Thinglab - a company
which is dedicated to 3D design technologies such as 3D Scanning, 3D Modelling, 3D Printing and creative services. Joe from Inition/Thinglab will do a brief presentation / Q&A around their products and business.
2. The mobile maker lab for disadvantaged kids / rural communities
3. The Ushahidi FCray resource map - which we started with Sylvie's walk last week.
4. The Antarctic surveillance drone
5. A Fixer Lab at FML
5. Fail or continue?
An output from this session will also be a blog post or article titled either;
a. "How to kick off a combined makerlab / hackerspace / social innovation incubator".
b. "How not to kick off a combined makerlab/hackerspace/social innovation incubator".