IMPORTANT: BECAUSE THE GROUP HAS CHANGED ORGANIZERS, THIS PAGE IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING EXTENSIVELY REVISED AND SOME OF THE INFORMATION BELOW MAY NO LONGER BE APPLICABLE. THIS NOTICE WILL BE REMOVED WHEN THE REVISIONS ARE COMPLETE.
Our group is supported by you and...
...enjoy high quality movies and other cultural events
...like to meet other smart and educated people
then this is THE group for you!IMPORTANT: TO BE A MEMBER YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD
Our group has a majority of singles, but we welcome both singles and couples
.WANT TO PROMOTE A FILM FESTIVAL OR A MOVIE SCREENING?
Please read ---> HERE
WHAT WE DO
- Movie screenings are held in private venues and have a low fee
- All our film screenings have the following structure: SOCIAL ---> MOVIE ---> SOCIAL
That means, there is good time to socialize and meet others both before and after the movie
- We focus mostly on foreign and independent cinema. So many wonderful foreign films don´t make it to America, or they do but are overlooked because many people don´t want to read subtitles, only a few theaters show them (and for a limited time), etc. Then there are the great indie films with no money for promotion.
- We will use private venues and have screenings specifically for us, often with a drink or snack included. This avoids the problem of not being able to sit together and allows to mingle and socialize more. You won´t have to find the organizer and figure out who is from Meetup inside theaters full of non-members!.
- You will be able to meet and discuss the movie with others while making new friends!. Events will provide enough time to socialize with your fellow movie lovers before and after the movie (around 1 hours before and after).
- We will always select high quality movies, regardless of where they were made. We plan to include a wide variety of the best European, Asian, Canadian, Australian, Latin American, African, and US independent films!
- We support the movie industry by paying for screening rights. These are legally required for all public showings, whether or not admission is charged. Any organizer who does not do this is committing a crime, with potentially severe penalties.
- We care about our members and respond to all emails and inquiries.
- Last, but not least, your opinion counts! We will select movies following member suggestions and opinions provided in profiles, polls, or in person.
WHAT WE DO NOT ALLOW:
- You must be able to use the Internet. We cannot maintain a separate list of offline (e.g. phone) members. Please read the full event descriptions online.
- Only advance payment through the links provided will reserve you a spot. You can pay in advance via credit card or a PayPal account. An RSVP of Yes without payment does not guarantee your seat(s).
- Advance payments are not refundable unless we cancel or postpone an event. No refunds or credit toward future events are offered if you cancel - no exceptions. Please pay only if you are sure you can attend.
- Before you attend any event, it is your responsibility to check on the corresponding event page for the latest update on seat availability, if the event is cancelled or postponed, etc. We regularly email members when there are important changes in an event, however, you MUST always check the event webpage before you attend.
- NEGATIVE COMMENTS/POSTINGS ABOUT MOVIES LISTED FOR FUTURE EVENTS. If you saw and didn't like a movie we plan to watch, please keep that to yourself! We select our movies very carefully. It is fine if you disagree, but please don't discourage others from seeing a film and deciding for themselves. You can, however, make any comments about movies after we have seen them.
- COMMENTS OR POSTINGS spoiling the ending or story for an upcoming movie. Please keep in mind others have not seen it yet!
- SNOOPING AROUND EVENT ENTRANCE. Please kindly either get in or leave, do not stay distracting the hostess at the registration desk. PLEASE ABSOLUTELY NO "I want to see if my friend is here" / "I want to speak to my friend who is inside", and similar excuses. Please kindly use your cell phone from anywhere far enough from the entrance
- UNFAIR RATINGS. A typical case would be when someone attends an event without reading the description and can't find the venue or group, then goes home and rates the event poorly. Or someone doesn't read the event schedule listed in the description and arrives early thinking the movie will start right away, then rates the event poorly for that.
BEING A MEMBER
Joining and remaining a member is entirely FREE. For events in private venues, there will usually be a charge. For the rare shows in theaters, you will need to take care of purchasing your own ticket for the indicated show. In any case, the event description will provide you with detailed instructions on how to get your seat.AGE: Minimum age to be a member is 18
, but as alcoholic drinks are sometimes served, certain events will be only for those 21+.
This group is privately owned. Group organizer reserves the right to terminate anyone's membership at any time.Both singles and couples are welcome
. Movie events are in private venues and are exclusively for group members. Sorry but you can not bring guests that are not members of the group – please ask them to become members before attending, it is very easy and it is free.
To join, please click on the “Join us!” button and kindly answer all questions.
HOW MUCH DO EVENTS COST?
Events offer an excellent deal for you: Just $18 (some events cost $16) for one drink (wine, mojito, margarita, beer, some licquors, sodas, etc) and a seat plus the social before and after movie. Currently, if you pay online in advance for some events, you will also receive a DVD movie of your choice at event. There are no admission fees for movie screenings, you can get in when the movie starts, leave when it ends - No cover: you are not obliged to buy a drink or food either. However, the package we offer is ideal for anyone interested in meeting others attending the social event before and after the movie. By purchasing it, you will get a drink, a seat and the social event, and most importantly, you will help us pay the movie screening costs, projector and screen costs, promote our group, and other expenses.
ONLY ADVANCE PAYMENT WILL RESERVE YOU A SEAT FOR THE MOVIE - A simple selection as "Count me in" in event page without payment will NOT reserve any spot/s. You are paying to Cultural Networks, LLC which owns and runs this group.
You can also pay at the door (cash only) if seats are available when you arrive. ADVANCE PAYMENTS always close the day before event, at around 1 pmIT IS IMPORTANT
that you read the cancellation/refund policy in event descriptions. Unless otherwise specified, our events are NOT refundable if you cancel and we DO NOT provide credits towards future events. Refunds or credits are only honored if an event is cancelled or postponed by us. NO EXCEPTIONSNO PAYPAL?
Use any credit card, a PayPal account isn´t needed to pay online. You also can pay online without using your regular credit card. Read ---> HERE
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP FOR AN EVENT?
Simply RSVP as YES and show up. Please note that just a “YES” RSVP does not guarantee you a spot. Only paying online in advance does.
Also, not being dressed appropriately can get you a denial for admission in the venue.
To buy a ticket in advance you will need either a PayPal account OR a valid credit card OR simply cash to purchase a green dot (rechargable) credit card. Please read how to pay in advance without paypal using a credit card or cash --> HERE
At event, we only accept cash. Each person attend events at his or her own risk
. We are not responsible for any losses of property, any injuries or any form of damage that would affect you or your property during an event. Attending an event means you clearly understand you can not make organizer/s or the group liable for anything, except not providing the service specified in event description.
CAN YOU BRING A GUEST WHO IS NOT A MEMBER OF THIS GROUP?
Yes, absolutely!. Please kindly ask your friend/s to become a member of this group and sign up for themselves, it is free.
See you at the any event!
Group OrganizerSEE MY OTHER MEETUP GROUPS!