Thank you for checking out The Fort Myers Area Kayaking Meetup Group.
Our goal is to organize outings for kayaks. They really don't like being couped up all the time so once in a while we take them out. ;-) The nice thing is that we also get to go along for the ride and have a fun time too! So it's a win/win situation.
In general our outings are random day trips.
Everyone is welcome to take part.
* There is no membership fee.
* Some locations charge a launch or parking fee
* Kayak or canoe rental for those that don't own a boat
The first purpose of this web site is to give everyone information about the outings - the time and dates, locations, directions on finding them and who is intending on taking part. Some of the outings start at locations with boat rentals so even people that don't own a kayak can participate. However, there are also great places for paddling that don't offer rentals. So, if you don't have a kayak, you might want to check about renting one and bringing it with you or better yet, buying one.
There are other possibilities on this site also.
The Message Board:
* Posts start at the bottom of the Welcome page.
* Here new members are introduced to the other members so when you join, tell us a bit about yourself. One goal of the group is to build friendships.
* All members are allowed to start new discussions as well. If you have questions or suggestions regarding equipment or locations for kayaking for example, just start a new discussion or feel free to join in on an existing discussion. You can also choose to have Meetup.com notify you by email when new comments are posted. Some online groups get way off track in their discussions so if you have other subjects you'd like to address, then please start a new discussion. When thinking about responding to another member's comments, please remember that each of us is a person and entitled to have our own likes, dislikes, opinions, etc. We must be willing to accept the diversity that will develop while striving for unity in having fun together on the water.
So, what are you waiting for? Come join us and let's have fun together!