The Fort Myers Area Kayaking Group Message Board › Recommended day trip in Fort Myers

Recommended day trip in Fort Myers

Brian C.
user 84262342
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm a paddler from Missouri and the family and I are vacationing in the Fort Myers area at the end of March. I wanted to ask the group where would you recommend for a kayaking day trip in the Ft Myers area. And the best place to rent a Kayak for that trip. Thanks for all the help, and keep on paddling!!

Brian
Linda W.
user 41903822
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 9
Estero Outfitters located on 41 at Corkscrew. They have a website you can check out.
Brian C.
user 84262342
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 2
Estero Outfitters located on 41 at Corkscrew. They have a website you can check out.

Thanks Linda, good location and prices. Do you usually go up river out down for most interesting sights?
Pat O.
user 11932457
Cape Coral, FL
Post #: 3
The water trail is narrower upriver, and is interesting, you paddle till you run out of water, maybe less than a mile. Downriver you will pass by Koreshan Park, further downriver is another park (Scrub Park?). You can take out at both places and walk around.
Brian C.
user 84262342
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 3
The water trail is narrower upriver, and is interesting, you paddle till you run out of water, maybe less than a mile. Downriver you will pass by Koreshan Park, further downriver is another park (Scrub Park?). You can take out at both places and walk around.

Thanks for the details, will there be wildlife in the water this far up stream?
Pat O.
user 11932457
Cape Coral, FL
Post #: 4
Probably. The scenery is more jungle-like. I've seen snakes along the banks.