The Fort Myers Area Kayaking Group Message Board › Thank you for the message of congratulations, Teela!

Thank you for the message of congratulations, Teela!

Don M.
Woodkayaker
Lehigh Acres, FL
Post #: 21
Teela - Thank you! It was quite an adventure, to be sure. One more once-in-a-lifetime adventure, to add to my list. I had a lot of fun watching Diana's face at the after-swim party last night in Key West, when we all watched David Letterman do his "Top 10 things that Diana Nyad thought during the swim". Her expression throughout was absolutely PRICELESS.
Don M.
Woodkayaker
Lehigh Acres, FL
Post #: 22
Colleen
user 7461350
Fort Myers, FL
Post #: 40
We are all proud of you, Mike, and Darlene for being a part of this historic event. What an experience that will be talked about for a long time! I watched it all unfold on Facebook and TV, and was SO excited when she completed this dream. You should also be proud of yourself for helping her achieve it. I can't wait to see you in person to hear more about your experience.
Don M.
Woodkayaker
Lehigh Acres, FL
Post #: 23
Thank you so much, Colleen! The trip was a roller coaster of emotions, with a few lows, but mostly, a lot of highs, ending in total exuberance. I have enough stories from the overall experience, from September 2011 to today, to last a lifetime.