The Fort Myers Area Kayaking Group Message Board › Kayaking sites.

Kayaking sites.

Ken
kensch123
Vanderbilt Beach, FL
Post #: 4
If anyone has any suggestions of places to go feel free to contact the AO's and get it posted.

I just sent Darlene a scan from todays News-Press about Telegraph Creek near the Franklin Lock that looks very interesting. For those that get the paper it is on page E1 at the bottom.

Ken
A former member
Post #: 1
SWFL related resources

This might be useful to some of your folks.
A former member
Post #: 1
I've been on Telegraph Creek a few times. It is very nice. Not a real long trip before it gets to hard to get through. Sometimes you have get out to get canoe or kayak around fallen trees. There is also Jack's branch in Fort Denaud that is really nice. Now that we have been getting rain you can probably go further. Sometimes there are fallen trees on this one too. Both are not all day trips but, well worth it. Juls
A former member
Post #: 3
I posted this on another thread for kayaking sites: In Everglades City on the North side of the road, across the street from the liquor store/cabin rental place is a nice park with a pavilion that I have never seen being used, with space for several gatherings anyway. My husband thinks the name of the park is also "Everglades City Park". My hubby says it is the GulfCoast Visitor's Center and it is 5 milles south of Highway 41 on SR 29. There is a nice shallow launch area and a bathroom

It's awesome there with plenty of parking.
Bill R
user 11165513
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 14
Here is a good link http://www.paddling.n...­ there is also an app for your phone