ABOUT US/JOIN US: Before clicking Join Us, please read the following requirements for joining this group. If you do not complete the 4 steps under TO JOIN, your request will be declined.
The purpose of 45+ Outdoor Singles is to offer outdoor activities such as hiking (moderate to difficult), snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, bike riding (road and trail), and more for singles who are active outdoor enthusiasts over forty-five years of age in the greater Seattle area.
• By "over 45," we mean you must be at least 45; there is no upper age limit as long as you are active and can keep up with the group (over 65% of the group is 50+).
• By "single," we mean you're not married, separated, engaged, or seriously dating when you join the group. If going through a divorce, your divorce must be finalized before you can join.
• By "active outdoor enthusiast," we mean that you already do one or more of the activities mentioned above, and you'd like to meet others who share your passions (i.e., you are not an outdoor wanna-be).
• By "greater Seattle area," we mean the greater Puget Sound area: Seattle, the Eastside, the South end, the North end, etc. No out-of-staters, please.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, you must complete the following 4 steps:
1. Upload a CLOSE-UP face photo of yourself as your primary photo in your 45+ Outdoor Singles profile, so that members and organizers can easily identify you in RSVP lists (no sunglasses or hats please). You should be the only one in the photo. For an example, see my profile photo under Organizers.
2. Use your first name + the initial of your last name (to distinguish you from other members with the same first name). Please use initial capitalization, as in "Linda C" (not all lowercase). Include a space between your name and initial. Do not use your entire last name. For your first name, use the name you'd like people to call you (for example, if your name is Elizabeth but everyone calls you Beth, use Beth).
--To do this, go to the Profile icon on the top of any Meetup page (in the top right corner), click the drop-down arrow, click Settings, and then next to your name, click Edit. You can also use this page to update your location and other information that applies to all Meetups.
3. Answer the profile questions fully so we can get to know you. The "introduction" is optional and should be very short or empty because it appears in the RSVP lists.
4. Agree to the following legal disclaimer, and to abide by the RSVP and Guest Policy.
Legal Disclaimer and Liability Information
Activities organized by 45+ Outdoor Singles can be dangerous and pose a risk to 45+ Outdoor Singles members. Attending or participating in any 45+ Outdoor Singles activity is voluntary by you as a member and at your own risk. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety.
By joining 45+ Outdoor Singles as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless 45+ Outdoor Singles, its organizer, co-organizer, assistant organizers, event organizers and hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property, or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member.
RSVP and Guest Policy
For each activity that you decide to go on, please RSVP responsibly. As a courtesy to others, and because most of our activities will have a limited number, we ask that your YES be yes when you RSVP, and that if you need to cancel, you do so in plenty of time to allow someone else to go (i.e. not the day of an event). If you cancel on the day of an event, you will be tagged as a No Show. After you reach a certain number of no-shows, you will be asked to leave the group.
In addition, we have a No Guest policy so that all open spots go to members. If you have a friend that you'd like to bring as a guest, have them join the meetup and sign up on their own. Thanks for understanding.
By joining this group, you agree to always keep a close-up face photo posted. Changing your photo after joining to something that does not meet our requirements may result in your being removed from the group.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Linda C and Sara S, Co-Organizers
930 Outdoor Slackers
2,694 40 something members