RSVP's open up 7 days before each game at 9.00am!
We're excited to bring back the type of soccer that made WCW famous: $1 Pickup!
We know a lot of people want to get involved in our new 5-a-side programs in the great purpose built arena, but may not be able to afford it. We are offering one hour of $1 pickup two times a week to the soccer community of Chicago as a way of saying "thank you" for all of your support over the last five years.
Every Monday evening we will provide one hour of Pickup with spaces for 14 people each game. The format will be 5v5 with two subs for each team. WCW FA will provide all equipment.
To make sure everybody has the best time possible at these games, here are the 'house rules' when it comes to $1 Pickup:
- Every player must have RSVP'd through Meetup for the game. No walk ups will be allowed.
- Each person can play in a max of one session a week (to make sure as many people get to play as possible).
- If you RSVP but then cannot play, you MUST change your RSVP immediately to allow people on the waiting list a chance to get in. If you do not show up twice without changing your RSVP, you won't be able to take part in these games any longer. Likewise if you change your RSVP to a 'No' twice within two hours of game time and no one takes your place.
- As with all WCW $1 games, we insist on a friendly, welcoming, non competitive environment. The skill level will be mixed and everyone is welcome. We do not allow aggressiveness or intentional fouling and we insist that if you're playing in these games, you accept that you may be on a team with either beginner or more advanced players - and we expect everyone to have fun with it and be positive! If we perceive that you aren't taking part in the spirit that we want, we may ask you no longer attend.
- As these games are taking place at a school, we have to look after our surroundings very carefully. Please take home your trash and look after the field!
These games are the only ones that we accept cash only at the facility. We do not accept paypal, checks, or credit card. Please don't bring $5 or $10, but $1.
Here is a map showing where we'll be. You can park in the residential areas around the school for free.