Join foursquare users around the world on 4/16, April 16th, to celebrate 4sqDay (4 squared = 16, hence 4/16)! You can participate in a local 4sqDay meetup event on 4/16 - just find your foursquare community at http://meetup.com/foursquare (if there isn't one in your area yet, start one!).
Check out http://4sqday.com/learn to discover all the fun ways you can celebrate 4sqDay in your town. Once you have awesome plans in place, be sure to update your local 4sqDay meetup event with the details. Follow the original 4sqDay organizers on Twitter at http://twitter.com/4sqday. Tweet about your event, link back to your event's meetup.com page, and use the hashtag #4sqDay liberally!
In addition to hosting/attending a meetup, here are some other great ways to celebrate international 4sqDay:
- Check out the new 4sqDay badge, logo, and limited edition T-shirt: http://blog.4sqday.com/2011/03/announcing-the-official-fo...
- Get local businesses involved by encouraging them to offer a foursquare Special or deal on 4/16. Get started here: http://foursquare.com/business/venues
- Get your town's mayor to declare 4/16 as the official 4sqDay - it's actually easier than it sounds! Learn how others did it: http://blog.4sqday.com/2011/03/how-foursquare-cincinnati-...
- Post a "Happy Foursquare Day" video response and be sure to watch video responses from around the world on 4/16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GY57NLEXNI
- Play the actual game of foursquare on 4/16 (yes, the one with the ball)! It's simple, here's how: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_square
Happy 4sqDay everyone! There will be check-ins!
Saturday from 7-10pm, join us at SideBar to celebrate Foursquare Day, NYC-style. I know you?ve all been waiting patiently for event details, so without further ado..
SideBar Swarm Special (to be unlocked when 50 people check in on foursquare): $3 Bud Light drafts and 1/2 price: Vision Vodka Cocktails, Jim Beam Black Cocktails, 901 Tequila Margaritas, Cruzan Rum Cocktails and Beefeater cocktails
Take pictures with you and your friends at the #4sqDay ?Paparazzi Wall? sponsored by 1-800 Postcards. Photographer and foursquare user, Krista Bedosky (@Kbedosky), will be snapping pics all night long.
- 3 chances to win a 4sqDay T- shirt by checking into SideBar on foursquare
- 2 chances to win a 4sqDay T- shirt by dropping your business card into a jar
- Win foursquare swag including buttons, stickers and party horns
- Our 50 VIPs get 1 FREE Drink Ticket for 1 Bud Light Draft or Well Drink
- Hang out with the foursquare team and other social-savvy NYCers
- And more... :)
SideBar can fit 350 people comfortably, but we know it?s still going to be tight.
If SideBar reaches capacity, head over to Village Pourhouse from 9pm-11pm-- it's the sister venue of SideBar and right around the corner.
At Pourhouse you'll have a chance to win 1 limited edition 4sqDay T- shirt, foursquare swag and the same Swarm Bar Special when 50 people check-in.
64 3rd Avenue, New York
After the event at SideBar wraps up, hang out at Village Pourhouse for the after party.
Remember to check-in, tweet and share your experience using the #4sqDay hashtag throughout the night. Party time! Excellent!
4sqDay NYC Sponsors Include:
- Gray Line New York
- Pretzel Crisps
- Tasti D-Lite
- 1-800 Postcards
- Krista Bedosky Photography
- Palermo?s Custom Cakes & Bakery
Your 4sqDay NYC 2011 Co-Planners (AKA 2 unhealthily addicted foursquare users)
Will & Shannon
To our VIPs: Don't forget that to meet up on 7th Ave btw 53rd and 54th to catch your VIP Gray Line double-decker tour bus downtown.
VIP Bus Pickup Time: 6:30pm
Date: Saturday, April 16th 2011
Location: Pickup at 7th Ave between 53rd and 54th Street
Please arrive about 10-15 minutes early so that the bus can leave on time. If it's raining, no worries! The double-decker bus will have a covered roof.