Join foursquare users around the world on 4/16, April 16th, to celebrate 4sqDay (4 squared = 16, hence 4/16)! You can participate in a local 4sqDay meetup event on 4/16 - just find your foursquare community at http://meetup.com/foursquare (if there isn't one in your area yet, start one!).
Check out http://4sqday.com/learn to discover all the fun ways you can celebrate 4sqDay in your town. Once you have awesome plans in place, be sure to update your local 4sqDay meetup event with the details. Follow the original 4sqDay organizers on Twitter at http://twitter.com/4sqday. Tweet about your event, link back to your event's meetup.com page, and use the hashtag #4sqDay liberally!
In addition to hosting/attending a meetup, here are some other great ways to celebrate international 4sqDay:
- Check out the new 4sqDay badge, logo, and limited edition T-shirt: http://blog.4sqday.com/2011/03/announcing-the-official-fo...
- Get local businesses involved by encouraging them to offer a foursquare Special or deal on 4/16. Get started here: http://foursquare.com/business/venues
- Get your town's mayor to declare 4/16 as the official 4sqDay - it's actually easier than it sounds! Learn how others did it: http://blog.4sqday.com/2011/03/how-foursquare-cincinnati-...
- Post a "Happy Foursquare Day" video response and be sure to watch video responses from around the world on 4/16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GY57NLEXNI
- Play the actual game of foursquare on 4/16 (yes, the one with the ball)! It's simple, here's how: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_square
Happy 4sqDay everyone! There will be check-ins!