LES AMI(E)S FRANCOPHONES DE SAN FRANCISCO Message Board › location to rent in the bay area

location to rent in the bay area

scal
user 18366411
Brussels, BE
Post #: 1
Hi everyone;
I'm looking to rent a unit in the bay area for early August. What would be the areas you would suggest? I'm looking for a one bed room (700+ sqf) unit.
I have been living in San Mateo, Foster City for the last 3 month in a condominium but miss the "city life" where I would not need a car to do anything.

If you have experience with real estate agencies that help people who relocate for overseas to work in the bay area under temporary worker VISA, please let me know!

Thank you;
Pascal
A former member
Post #: 1
You are looking for a place in the Bay Area, but you also prefer the City so you won't need a car?????
San Mateo and Foster City are part of the Bay Area. You want to live in San Francisco the City.
Some people would like to live in San Francisco so they won't have to drive, but one must become familiar with MUNI transportation routes. Buses can take you pretty much everywhere in the city according to their own schedule or you can walk, ride a bike, or skateboard.

scal
user 18366411
Brussels, BE
Post #: 2
Yes, I would prefer the city for transportation. In San Mateo/Foster City where I am now, you're pretty much stuck if you don't have a car.
Learning MUNI routes/schedules is part of relocation :)

My main "concern" is where to look at, I know I have to avoid Tenderloin but also think some neighborhood are less practical, correct?

Any property management website who has relocation services would help, specially if anyone of you had a good experience with any.

Thank you!