San Francisco Bay Area GMAT Tutoring (Free) Message Board Group Discussion Forum › Note: For members attending the study group meetings

Note: For members attending the study group meetings

A former member
Hi Folks,

I wanted to clarify some expectations for members (especially first timers) who plan to attend our Saturday study group meetings:

1) If you RSVP 'Yes' for a meetup and for some reason cannot attend, please make it a point to change your RSVP to 'No' as we filled up all available slots last week but only 6 people showed up. I get emails from members who wanted to attend but had to refuse them as I was of the assumption we were at full capacity so please RSVP 'Yes' only if you are certain that you will be joining us at the library.

2) More importantly, while everyone is most welcome to join us, our basic expectation is that you have at least some degree of familiarity with the GMAT and have done a reasonable amount of practice to have at least the basic understanding of each section. For the most part, we practice only 700+ level questions at the meetup so if you do not have any familiarity with the test, you will not find it productive to attend.

We confirm the next weeks topic at the end of each study group and I post them under the page of the coming meetup about 5 days in advance so everyone who did not join us last week knows what is being discussed. For example, this coming week we will be practicing Sentence Correction and you can see the SC topics we will be discussing here : http://www.meetup.com...­

If you are new to the GMAT and wanted to attend solely to determine a plan of study, just shoot me an email and I can share some resources that you can use to determine what books /classes would be most suitable for you.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing those of you who RSVP's yes next week.