The Utah County Freemason MeetUp Message Board › Personal Experience with Freemasonry

Personal Experience with Freemasonry

A former member
Post #: 1
I am interested in learning more about Freemasonry and hearing the personal experiences that Masons have had in becoming Masons and their experience with being a Mason. What attracted you to Masonry, why did you choose to become Masons and what has been your experience as Masons. These are kinds of questions that can only be answered by people and I am a people person.

No amount of research can help me understand what it truly means to be a Mason so I would like to see how much I truly understand and for someone to explain things to me. I understand that there are Three Degrees within a Blue Lodge and that each Lodge is affiliated with a Grand Lodge which governs those in their geographical area. I understand that for Utah that would be the Grand Lodge of Utah. I understand that to become a Mason I must seek out a Mason and petition to become a member and pay dues to the Lodge. While I am willing to do all of these things I can't do so at this time due to my financial situation. I don't believe that will stop me from associating with good people and I believe that Freemasonry may be an association of good, kind, caring, compassionate and passionate people.

From everything I have read about Freemasonry it seems that Masons share these values and if that is the case I would like to associate with those who are as committed to these things as I am. This is probably one of the things that attracts me to Freemasonry. That it shares my most fundamental beliefs makes me desire to associate on a closer level with those who are Masons.

So please share with me your stories about being a Mason. I want to understand what caused each of you to become a Mason and what keeps you interested in Freemasonry. I value the personal connection and while I am an analytical person I like to understand and appreciate other people's feelings so if you are willing please share your thoughts with me.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to reading what you have to say.