The purpose of FreeThought Arizona is to establish, grow, and support a community of freethinkers, skeptics, agnostics, atheists and humanists that is based on reason, science, and critical thinking. Our goals are to maintain separation of church and state, advance education and science, examine and discuss literature, support families, work to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and protect the civil rights of our members and others through meetings, lectures, debates, discussions, protests, letters to the editor, blogs, podcasts, broadcast appearances and any other reasonable and civil means available.
The FreeThought Arizona Meetup.com website exists for the benefit of the members of FreeThought Arizona and others who are interested in the mission and activities of the organization. Announcements of meetings and events sponsored by other organizations may also be included in our calendar but each will be identified as such.
It may be necessary to moderate the discussions posted on the site on occasion.
Comments may be removed by the website moderators for any of the following reasons:
1. The comments fall outside the intended scope of the FreeThought Arizona Meetup.com website. For example, messages that attempt to sell products or services (SPAM) not applicable to the organization and its mission.
2. Threats of violence.
3. Obscene, vulgar, or lewd material.
4. Defamatory, fraudulent statements or abusive ad hominem comments.
5. Terms commonly understood to constitute profanity or abusive or degrading slurs or epithets.
6. Information that invades an individual’s privacy.
7. Information that if published would violate criminal law or give rise to civil liability.
FreeThought Arizona encourages the free exchange of ideas. We can and should challenge the ideas of others while maintaining respect for each other.
Questions and comments can be directed to the organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also go to the Message Board and ask questions or offer opinions.