addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Calgary French Rendez-vous Message Board › Meeting during the week, on weekends and in different quarters.

Meeting during the week, on weekends and in different quarters.

A former member
Post #: 8
Hi,
I wanted to get people's input on where they would like to meet in the city and what day (week or weekend) would work better for them. I would like to facilitate people getting together, speaking French and to have fun.

I like meetup that involve talking walks, playing pool, laser tag, bowling or watching live sporting events.

What would you like to do?

Cynthia
sheilla
user 5643957
Calgary, AB
Post #: 18
I do not speak French well at all...However I am wanting to learn French. I took French in high school hundreds of years ago!!!!!.
My question is: would it be a hindrance for someone of little french language experience to attend these meet-ups. I definitely want to enhance my knowledge,....also weekend events work better for me.

thank you for any advise/feedback.
P.S. I went to Paris last sept. by myself, and while I can speak a bit of French, I had a difficult time, because the Parisiennes would only speak to me in rapid Parisienne French, despite the fact I would make every attempt to engage conversation in the limited French I knew, AND I would always indicate from the very beginning that my French was limited but I wanted to willing to learn.

I am planning to return to Paris this September also...because it is a magical city.!!!

merci beacoupe
Patricia
user 14393330
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
Bonjour! Je vien de joindre cette groupe et je suise un peut perdue! Il y a beaucoup d'anglais sure cette site...? Pendant les rencontres, est-ce que les gens parlent en francais, anglais, ou un petit peut de chaqu'une?

Anglais est ma premiere langue, j'ai appris le francais a l'ecole depuis la maternelle. Ca fait longtemps que j'ai parler et j'aimerai ameliorer mon francais. Je suis un peu gener (sp?!) parce que j'ai encore beaucoup a apprendre et, comme je viens de dire, ca fait longtemps...

Les fins-de-semaines sont mieux pour moi.

Merci Beaucoup!
Patricia smile