1) EVENT COORDINATOR
The Alliance Française of Milwaukee, an independent non-profit chapter of the international Alliance Française, seeks an Event Coordinator.
This is an hourly, employed position, 8-12 hours per week, additional hours in the weeks preparing for events. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, responsible for the overall success and coordination of Alliance Française fundraising and cultural events. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate activities of individual event committees, e.g. Lakefront Festival, Bastille Days, Cercle d'Or, Beaujolais Nouveau, Cultural Committee. Draft meeting agendas, support materials, take minutes, communicate and monitor assignments, deadlines and follow up action items/next steps with members of the committees, board of directors, staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate and carry out all logistics of annual appeal to assure that the letters are sent in a timely fashion and that the recording and thanking processes are seamless and prompt.
- Draft budgets for each initiative, subject to Executive Director approval.
- Solicit and secure corporate sponsorships, raffle, and auction items.
- Contract with presenters and performers.
- Secure meeting space and coordinate logistic details.
- Prepare for implementation of all event aspects, e.g., preparing & sending invitations, ticket sales, auction sales & payment, etc.
- Recruit and thank volunteers for the events.
- Create and implement sponsor recognition opportunities.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures related to events, e.g. report for board meetings, progress updates for individual committees.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Dedication to the Alliance Française de Milwaukee mission
- Experience and familiarity with 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Team-player mentality and flexibility
- Fundraising and special events coordination experience
- A customer service attitude
- Working knowledge of the metro-Milwaukee funding community
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to generate synergy with Board of Directors and other Alliance team members
- Experience in use of appropriate technology (experience with social media, HTML, Adobe PS a plus)
- Skills in budgeting and planning
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of French language a plus
Hours & Benefits:
The candidate must have the right to work in the U.S.
Part-time hourly position, 8-12 hours per week, at the Alliance Française de Milwaukee office. Additional hours during events. Position requires evening and weekend hours
Salary: $12 -15/hour, commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and references by March 13, 2013 to:Anne Leplae, [address removed]